v. like the pheonix, she rose from the ashes

CHAPTER FIVELIKE THE PHEONIX, SHE ROSE FROM THE ASHES

CHAPTER FIVE
LIKE THE PHEONIX, SHE ROSE FROM THE ASHES

( BEFORE YOU READ. )

this chapter contains mentions of
sexual assult, guns, death, injurnes
and murder. I just wanted to warn
you and let you know that the parts
are of course not important to the
plot so you can skip them if you feel
uncomfortable reading.

 I just wanted to warnyou and let you know that the partsare of course not important to theplot so you can skip them if you feeluncomfortable reading

THE STARS WERE SUCH a mysteriously beautiful thing. It was both light and dark as it showed us it was time to hide under our blankets from the freezing cold air that would appear as shivers down our body. Christine was playing with fire staying awake for this long, her dad had strictly set her bedtime to nine since Christine would be reading to sleep. She had (ever since her tenth birthday) tried pushing her bedtime half an hour up, but no. Matthew Woods didn't agree, nor had her mom, Alice Woods ever agreed on it. "You will stay up till eleven anyways reading" they'll say.

What made the fire more dangerous was that the place James Blank and Christine Woods were headed towards was closed. Never had she ever done this kind of crime. If the cops were gonna go after them at least she could say she had no intention of doing this― maybe, but would they buy it?― and she was dragged all into this. "James?" Christine's low voice asked. "Yes?"

"Are you sure this is safe?" James chuckled. The hand that didn't hold the one skateboard of his took her's. "I'm sure. We're just gonna stargaze, unless that is also illegal now." Christine smiled. They managed to walk into the school with no stops. James' foot kicked off from the ground and he slided towards a pair of stairs, Christy ran after him with a smile on her face. It was dark, they almost could not see the other. But Christine was sure they had gone the right way as they knew it like their back pocket.

James was Christine's partner in crime, they had done everything together. In just a year they had managed to make people afraid of them. But Christine had struggled to keep a smile on her face, but when she was with James everything was different. She could be herself. They climbed onto the rooftop, James had his foot placed in Christine's hand. With the power she had in her arm, she pushed him up so he was on the roof, his feet hanging down. When Christine had managed to get up, she laid down next to him. James hit the rooftop surface beside her, both had smiles on their faces while their eyes grazed all the shining outlines of stars."The sky's beautiful." Christine said.