vii. all the young dudes

CHAPTER SEVENALL THE YOUNG DUDES

CHAPTER SEVEN
ALL THE YOUNG DUDES

WITH AFRICA BY TOTO playing from her walkman, Christy woods laid in her bed and stared into her roof

WITH AFRICA BY TOTO playing from her walkman, Christy woods laid in her bed and stared into her roof. There was nothing special about the wood surface above her head. Christy was picking her nails, waiting for something to happen but nothing happened as usual. It was often really quiet there. "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you."

Matthew Woods worked late. Sometimes it may feel like Alex had raised her ever since Alice Woods had died, which honestly wasn't a lie. It was mostly only the mornings they had, Matthew, Alex and Christy all treasured these e of mornings where they could have as long of a time together before their plans brought them apart. Each morning they would do the dishes they had used for breakfast, cleaning up was the childrens part as Matthew nearly always was on the line of getting five minutes too early (saying that he should've been there ten minutes before).

Alice Woods would dance with her children, spinning them around while they waltzed on the hardwood floor with a bright smile on their face. If Maria was to be found there, she would dance with Christy while Alice danced with Alex. Most of the time, they would just dance randomly the way they preferred to while You Make Me Feel Like Dancing by Leo Sayer playing from the mixtape they had specifically created for afternoon's where they would dance. There was a seen difference between Alice and Matthew, but they used them, to make their relationship blossom into more of an understanding one.

So, it was clear that the day the news that she had died was a rough day for the Woods' family. A knock on the door brought Christy back to reality, Alex entered with a smile while she removed her headphones. "Hey, Christy! Dad says he's not gonna come home for about four hours. I thought in the meantime we could go through some old stuff." Christy smiled, nodded she took with the mixtape and followed Alex out of the room and into the living room where there were about five boxes placed on the floor, one after one was placed down on the.

The mixtape began playing with Under Pressure by Queen and David Bowie. Alex began searching through the first box while "Pressure: pushing down on me . . . " Christy hummed along, getting into the box beside Alex's. They didn't know what they could find, Christy found an old doll. A little part of its face was broken, Christy searched for what could be the missing piece. She found it, she placed it aside and began to go further in finding a photograph of her and Maria.

"That's the terror of knowing what this world is about."

Her thumb allowed itself to run over the smiling blonde who had her arms wrapped around the brunette who had a grin over her face. "Tomorrow gets me higher. Pressure on people, people on streets." Alex sang, using a shoe as a microphone. The two siblings laughed, continuing to listen to the songs and looking through things. Cherry Bomb by The Runaways began playing. Christy's head moved to the beat of the song. "Can't stay at home, can't stay at school. Old folk say, you dumb little fool." Cherie Currie sang.

"Hello Daddy, hello Mom. I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!" Alex sings along when it comes. He sings with a grin using the same shoe as the microphone. Christy chuckles. "Hello world I'm your wild girl!" She sings with the thing most like a microphone. It ended up being a drumming stick as their father had been in a band in his teenage years.

"I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb!" Alex and Christy sings together with the band. Christy and Alex had stood up and had started to dance in the most fun, and most weird ways on the floor. The song ended before they got aware of it, going into All The Young Dudes by Mott The Hoople.

"Well, Billy rapped all night about his suidice." Christy and Alex didn't sit down, they kept themselves standing on their legs. They waited for the part of the song that they could dance to. "How he'd kick it in the head when he was twenty-five."

They had taken a break from looking through the old things. They stood there staring at one another waiting for the part when it got there, they grinned. "Oh, man; I need a TV when I got a T-Rex. Oh, brother, you've guessed, I'm a dude, dad."

"All the young dudes." Christy sang, moving to one side while snapping her fingers each time she went on the opposite side of her brother who wore a smile. "Hey dudes!" Alex replies, he takes Christy's hands and she leans back while her feet are pressed against Alex's to not hit her head. Alex dragged Christy up and spun her around before it ended with big smiles on their faces when the song ended. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac echoed in the room.

authors note.

*pulls wig off*

did i step on your moment?

word count: 843