Chapter 1.

I sat in the backseat of his vehicle, pulling up the straps of my bra and buttoning my shirt back on. He rolled down the window and lit a cigarette, holding it between his lips as he buttoned and zipped up his jeans.

"Peter?"

"What?" He asked annoyingly. I just shook my head.

"Nevermind."

He moved up front, getting in the drivers seat, starting up the engine. The loud bass from the club down the street barely audible from where the car was parked. I checked his watch on the dashboard reading two in the morning.

"I need to go home."

He sighed. "Can't we go back for a few more drinks with the mates? Just a quick chat?"

"Peter it's five past two. I need to go home. They're your friends anyways. Not mine."

He rolled his eyes and began driving. But he wasn't taking me home. He stopped across the street from the club and parked. Turning the engine off, he got out and walked around back to open my door.

"Peter I'm serious. I need to go home." I said angrily.

"Come in for a drink yeah?" He flicked his cig. I glared at him. He just laughed to himself and slammed the door shut, looking in at me through the window. "Fine. Ye can walk home."
I just watched as he walked across the street, not even looking back as he disappeared into the loud building. I wiped my tears and looked at my fingers stained with my cheap mascara. The cold air bit at my legs as I got out of the vehicle. He knew I lived three blocks away. Mid October, fall. The weather was colder in Liverpool than it would be in California. The heat would still be at it's fullest. People still going to the beaches, wearing bikinis and catching some sun. But here I was. Shivering, alone in an empty road, making my way home.
Peter always did things like this. If I didn't give into his small antics, I was on my own. It wouldn't be the first or last time he's ditched me away from home.

Taking off my heels I let the cold concrete burn the bottom of my feet. Nobody in sight. Dad will kill me if he knew what I was up to all this time. We didn't get along much anymore. Especially after mom died.
..

It had to be about a twenty minute walk by the time I reached my street. I was shivering and feeling numb. My stomach growling with hunger. I sniffled and wiped my tears, walking to the front door. Taking a breath, I turned the knob and realized it was locked. I furrowed my eyebrows and knocked.

"Dad! Dad open up it's Molly!" I yelled. No answer. I noticed the note on the ground under a rock. I grabbed it and blinked a few times to see clearly.

Molly, if you're seeing this and hoping to come into this home at dawn, then forget about it. I'm through playing games with you. Disciplin is something you need and being out with your little boyfriends and getting drunk with your mates won't be tolerated anymore. Go sleep somewhere else for the night.

I sniffled and banged on the door.

"Dad! Dad please open up I'm freezing!" I cried. I looked down at my bare feet and dropped to my knees, knocking on the door again. "I promise I'll be good! Dad!"

No answer. I slipped my heels back on and noticed a light turn on in a window next door, followed by the sound of locks turning and the door opening.

"Molly love, is that you I hear?" I heard her ask. I nodded and stood up, walking over to her.

"Dad's locked me out." I said sadly. She nodded and grabbed my arm.

"Come on. You can sleep here the night." She led me inside, shutting the door behind her.

"I'm sorry to have awaken you misses Harrison. I don't mean to be a burden."

"Shhh. You're always welcome here. You know that. Harold is up sleeping. I came down to get some water when I heard you. Out again tonight huh?"

I nodded as we made our way into the kitchen. She heard my stomach rumbling and grabbed the bread and sandwich fixings, handing it to me.

"You know, you're father does it to be fair."

"He does it to be mean." I mumbled, sitting at the table. She smiled and patted the top of my head.

"He does it because he loves you. You may not see it now but in the future, you'll be happy he's done this. Bed is upstairs. You know the routine." She giggled. I gave a small smile.

"Thank you. I'll be off in the morning."

"Were always happy to have you. Good night Molly."

"G'night."

She left the room, heading back to bed. I finished eating and put things away, turning the lights off and making my way upstairs.

He was sleeping when I entered his room. Almost tripping over his guitar, I caught myself on the edge of his bed.

"Again?" He muttered. I sighed.

"Go back to sleep George. I'll be gone in the morning." I whispered, taking my heels off and getting under the covers with him. He turned to me sleepily.

"Happy Birthday yeah?" He gave a sleepy smile. I blushed and leaned over, kissing his cheek.

"You remembered."

"I've remembered for three years now." He shut his eyes as he spoke. I smiled and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"Good night George."

"Night night." He muttered, falling asleep quickly. I closed my eyes and drifted off to the sound of his soft snores.
............