Chapter 10.

"Hello." He smiled at me.

I walked over and grabbed his cup, filling it with coffee. "Hi. Um....what are you doing here?"

"I dropped in for a bite to eat. What's wrong with that?"

I blushed and grabbed my notepad. "You left the party yesterday."

"Yeah I had to see the doctor this morning. Missed a few classes so I decided to just spend the day off on my own. I heard you went back. You and John sleep together again?"

"It just happened."

"You like him?"

He looked up at me, eager for my answer. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"And what's it to you?"

He shrugged and took a sip of his coffee. "Just wondering. So you like him."

"I didn't say I did.."

"You didn't answer right away. Either you don't, or you're trying to defuse the subject to hide your feelings."

"Wha.." I was at a loss for words. He just looked at me and smiled.

"Something going on here?" Tiffany asked, standing beside me.

"Don't get too involved with Lennon. He's taken and believe me, he's a bit mad for her." Stu began.

I sighed. "If you think I'm one of those girls that goes on breaking up couples I'm not. Things with John are just for fun. I'm not gonna marry the guy."

"Good." He stood up over me. He smelled like cologne. His hair hung over his eyes. Well dressed. Damp hair from the rain out. I noticed he had a messenger bag around his waist. A small portfolio inside.

"Stuart?"

"Yes?"

"Are you free later? I mean you know..maybe for a talk?"

He looked at me strangely. "What is this?"

I couldn't help laughing a little. "What? Is something wrong with wanting to make a new friend?"

"A girl like you make a new friend? Especially a bloke."

I crossed my arms. "Just cause I go sleeping with John doesn't make me a whore."

"I didn't say you were. What time you get off?"

"Three."

He nodded and handed me a wad of money. "A tip for the chat yeah?"

And with that, he walked passed us, out the door. We watched him jog across the rainy street, making his way under the tarmac as he walked. I sighed.

"What the hell was that?" Tiffany smiled. I looked at her.

"Nothing. I just.."

She gasped. "You like John's friend."

"I do not!" I walked over to another table, grabbing dirty dishes.

"You're blushing! He is cute though isn't he?"

I sighed. "Tiff I doubt he even thinks I'm attractive. Besides, I'm not getting in between two friends."

"You're not getting in between anything!" She followed me to the back as I set the dirty dishes down. "You're just sleeping with one friend and you have a crush on the other!"

We both turned to see the others watching us. I turned red.

"What!? Oh like you haven't had a good time before." Tiffany said to everyone. They all shrugged and went on their own buisness.