Chapter 5

It was 8 o'clock when Emily came back to the dorms and I was the one only still awake at the time. Sniffles made me fully wake up as I sneaked up to see Emily in the kitchen, making a cup of coffee.

Sneaking up silently, I set a hand on Emily's shoulder and she reacted by letting out a little yelp before seeing me and relaxing, continuing to make the coffee. 

"Did something happened Emily," I whispered uneasily, being unconvinced when Emily shook her head and sat down on one of the chairs.

"It's nothing Jungkook, why are you even awake anyways," Emily asked in an almost annoyed voice and I flinched a little at it, though unfortunately Emily saw it too.

"Oh, I'm sorry Jungkook, I- I'm just stressed out right now," Emily said, her hand covering her mouth as tears started to leak her eyes.

Quickly I unconsciously wrapped my arm around her neck and made her look my way, her face not fitting the sad mood. We stayed like that, giving each other comfort until I remembered I was just a friend and maybe she had a boyfriend.

"Um, you should go to sleep, Emily," I whispered courageously, breaking the gaze and Emily's cheeks were warm as my thumb was on it.

She nodded quickly, finishing her drink and went to sleep in her bedroom beside our room. I stayed there for a while, her vanilla scent still lingering about the kitchen...

In the end, the team Step up with J-Hope and Jin won the challenge and I was really losing hope at this point. Our team had to do the laundry with Emily and she looked fine when she was helping Yoongi with the washing.

"Emily, are you okay from-," I asked gently when we waited outside for the clothes to start washing but was cut off as soon as I started talking.

"I'm okay,- just a little tired from school that's all," Emily said and the conversation was over when Taehyung and Yoongi came back with the ice cream....

These days, Emily had been ignoring me and I felt left out when she would only interact with the other members. Taehyung would get cocky sometimes and get close, leaving her in a panicked state.

For some reason, it made me so angry when I saw them together though it was when Tony made us test our 'skills' on how to get a girl for our music video with Emily, that I saw a chance.

"Jungkook, it's your turn to try it on Emily, remember what we taught you," Tony mentioned and I nodded, walking up to Emily and sitting next to her.

"I- I like your style," I stuttered politely in English, indicating at her clothes and Emily said thank you though before I could stop, I said something else.

"I- I like you," When it got processed into everyone's head, they started to yell in excitement. Quickly walking back to my seat, I saw Emily's face red with embarrassment...