❄︎ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒐𝒏𝒆 ❄︎

"Good one, Newt!" the coach yelled

Newt went on the first row, circling around the rink. Minho, his best friend right after him. The boy was trying to overtake Newt's status, trying hard, pushing his feet faster, the ice skates clacking on the ice.

Newt was fast to think, circling a perfect 360° and getting to the front. They'd always do racing when it was the last few minutes of training, times Newt enjoyed the most.

"Okay, pack your stuff," the couch said, blowing into his pipe.

Newt had won the short game. Minho scoffed at him while the blonde took out his tongue, playfully waving him. They went off the ice rink afterwards, only to be called by their coach.

"Newt, Min, I gotta talk with you two."

Newt frowned slightly, looking at his coach, who was sitting on the bench, a cup of coffee in his hands. The raven haired boy and the blonde got over to him, awkwardly walking with their ice skates still attached to their feet.

"Yes, coach?" Newt asked.

The coach stood up. He had a slight smile on his face and glanced over to Minho and Newt. He always thought it was time, and it was.

"The tournaments are coming in six months, I choose you two. Minho, you're athletic and ambitious. Newt, you're skating elegant and fast... Newt will get the partner dance and Minho, you're a single opponent, get it?"

Newt's and Minho's mouth fell open. The blonde had always wanted to have a chance to be in tournaments, he never thought about a partner, but he was as happy as Minho was, who jumped, not surprisingly fell, skates still on.

The coach clapped his hand on his forehead, biting his lip, so he couldn't laugh at Minho's silliness. Newt smiled, a smile that would never leave his lips for the rest of the day.

"I'm glad you're happy, Min, but please don't kill yourself," the coach joked.

The coach turned to Newt, who was looking him right in the eyes. He couldn't help, but let out a laugh of happiness. He would have a chance to do what he loved the most, skate.

"I see that happy face, Newt. Your partner is Thomas Edison, he's a very professional and I am expecting the very best from you, both of you, now go, I have to make sure the kids are changing," he said.

Their coach was not only teaching adults, but kids. They could be a pain in the butt, so Newt and Minho only nodded. Their coach left, giving them a slight nod. The blonde yelped. Minho hit his back, wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"Dude, look how lucky we got, maybe you won't have to work in this café to get some extra money, maybe I won't have to work in office anymore... Maybe Liz will be able to get college, Harriet as well," Minho said, making dreamy eyes at the ceiling.