❄︎ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 ❄︎

"So Newt, what are you doing for a living?" Jacky asked, sitting down on the chair

They were in the kitchen. Thomas had offered Newt and his mom coffee, which they agreed to. The blonde and Jacky had some conversations. Newt found out that Thomas and his sister, Teresa would work to help Jacky out of her situation.

The brunet was doing college, but decided to quit after a few months. His mother got sick, work was tiring and he still wanted to get money by skating on ice.

"I-I work in a coffee shop... A-as a waiter," Newt explained.

Jacky nodded her head and took a sip of her coffee. The brunet sat down beside her mother, placing a hand on her back. The woman leaned back against her son's touch.

"Your parents are okay wi-"

"They passed," Newt answered, cutting off Jacky's sentence.

The woman didn't mind him interrupt, slowly nodding her head. She felt sorry for him, but how could she know his parents had passed? She gave him an apologetic smile, taking another sip of her coffee.

"Can I ask who do you live with?" she asked.

"His friend and his sister," Thomas answered quickly for Newt.

***

An hour had passed. Jacky and Newt got along very well. She told Newt about how she got fever and it never got better. They had thought it was something worse, that's why they made a check up, which cost them a lot of money. They haven't paid the rent for a month, and the owner was getting inpatient.

He also found out that Jacky's husband, Thomas and Teresa's father, left them without any money. He took the money Thomas had earned from ice skating and used it to buy a new car and drive off with his affair.

Newt felt pain in his chest. Their condition was worse than losing parents. He felt like, he had been stung by some venomous animal. He felt like as if he made a mistake. It was guilt.

Guilt for nothing, more like pity. He felt like he did something wrong and would do anything to help, but he didn't do anything. He didn't do anything, still he felt like he could do better for them.

Then his mind went to the money he got every month, thousands of dollars for nothing. He made a decision to use the money his parents earned every month. It was guilt enough that he bought the house with their money, he could afford more of the pain to make Thomas' pain less.

They were standing at the door. Jacky went to bed, but gave him a quick hug and said goodbye. Newt got into his shoes, looking up he saw Thomas waiting for him. The blonde chuckled before wrapping his arms around the brunet's shoulders.