❄︎ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆 ❄︎

"Oh, Thomas.... Good to see you, I got the money from last month and this month," Becky greeted him.

Thomas stared at her. He didn't pay, he knew he didn't. He was to hundred percent sure he didn't pay. He kindly nodded at Becky and went into the apartment. Teresa was in the kitchen with her mother, watching something on her phone.

She smiled when she saw Thomas. The brunet could only gave them a lopsided smile. He went over to them and pressed a kiss on both their forehead. He huffed out a stressed laugh and sat down right in front of his mother.

"Did you guys pay the rent?" he asked, his tone so serious, it worried Jacky.

"No, love. We didn't, did something happen?" she asked.

Thomas shook his head. Then his mind wondered off to Newt. He missed the blonde. They haven't talked in a week and Thomas was going crazy. He noticed his little liking on Newt was getting more and more, he didn't know what to do, nor if he should talk to him.

He pushed the thought away, but it came right back. What if he had paid the rent? He groaned at himself. He was mean to the blonde and he still wanted to pay. He had to apologize when he'd have training.

"What happened, Thomas?" Teresa asked.

"I-I think Newt paid the rent," he whispered.

"What?! You let him pay-"

"Of course I didn't, we had a little argument.... He said he'd like to pay and i said no.... I snapped at him, literally, and just shut the door.... I'm such a dickhead."

Thomas rubbed his face in frustration. He couldn't believe he shut the door right at Newt's face. How could he do such thing? He thought. He thought about how Newt looked at him, he would do anything to wash that image off his mind.

"Thomas? Y-you-"

"I'm gonna take a shower.... I have training in an hour."

He left the kitchen without any other word. Gojng over to the bathroom, he locked the door and took off his clothes. He showered with cold water, so it wouldn't give more cost than it already had.

***

"Hey, why didn't you come in my bed? Are you alright, Liz?" Newt asked, sitting down on Lizzy's bed.

She nodded her head, hugging Newt, wrapping her arms around his middle. The blonde boy missed hugging his sister. He placed his arms around her shoulders and went with one hand through her messy blonde hair.

"You're so happy, why that?" Lizzy asked a minute later.

"I decided to use mom and dad's money," Newt whispered.

Lizzy shot her head up. A smile on her face, Newt couldn't be more happy, he thought. Lizzy hugged him again, tighter than the first one, almost tackling her brother into the bed.

"I'm so happy for you, Newtie.... Wait, that means I can buy myself new shoes?"

Newt nodded, smiling at his sister. He hadn't seen her that happy in months, years maybe. He planted kissed on her head, before letting go of her and getting up. Lizzy scrunched her nose, looking up at Newt.

"I have training, but after, we can watch a movie, make some soup," Newt said.

"Good soup!"

Newt chuckled at her before leaving the room. He went over to Harriet's room, just to check on her and then to Minho's. He was on his phone, texting someone.