❄︎ 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙 ❄︎

"Harriet, I'm sorry

"Harriet, I'm sorry... I just don't want to bother Newt in his sleep.... I-I had a bad.... Very bad dream."

It was late at night. Lizzy had one of her nightmares again. She couldn't take it anymore. Her head pounded like the neighbors would bang the door if they'd be loud. Her heart beat faster than she had ever experienced.

But she couldn't call Newt, not after the nice dinner he had cooked for her and Harriet, not after he said how tired he was and how she kept kicking him in her sleep. Newt didn't had bad intentions when he said that, it was more of a joke, but Lizzy didn't believe it.

She was in Harriet's room, the door shut to make sure Minho or Newt won't hear her cry. On her knees, she was beside Harriet's bed, her blond hair messy and tears running down her gorgeous brown eyes.

When Harriet woke up, she sniffed and tried to avoid her eyes, but the girl's seducive dark eyes made Lizzy look back at her. She shifted slightly and placed her warm hand on Lizzy's cheek, wiping away the salty tears.

"You can stay with me."

Lizzy rubbed her tired eyes while Harriet gave her space in her bed. She crawled in beside her, Harriet facing Lizzy's back. She slightly pulled the girl closer to her chest, breathing into her neck, trying to comfort the crying girl.

"It's okay, I'm here," she whispered, rubbing her stomach where she had her hand placed.

***

"Uno! Hah, won again!" Jacky said, dancing on the bed.

Thomas scoffed at her, but smiled. He wasn't used to it, to see his mother smiling, a real smile. He was also not used to Jacky winning, but letting her win was something else. It made him happy.

"How? You're winning like... The whole time," Thomas said.

"Well... You're letting me win... It feels nice though," Jacky said quietly.

Thomas didn't know how, his mother always seemed to know every little thing about him. She gave Thomas a smile and lead forward to kiss his cheek. When she leaned back, she gave Thomas a quick wink.

"What's wrong with you the whole day?"

"What? N-nothing," Thomas replied too quickly.

Jacky gave him a pout. She gathered all the cards and put them back into its packaging. She scooted closer to her son and crossed her legs, like he had them. The woman didn't know what it was with Thomas, but she could feel everything, she knew her son too well.

"What is it?" she said, coughing.

"This, you.... You're not doing good, I'm just-.... I'm just pretending everything is fine and-.... It's not-"