Chapter 4

Aiden’s POV 

I was getting my things I needed for my first period class when James approached me. He’s with his best friend, Liam. My adrenaline is rushing through my blood vessels as they get nearer and nearer. I think they’re going to do their morning routine again. I sighed. They stood in front of me waiting for the impact of his fist in my stomach. But I was wrong they just stood there. James was scratching the back of his neck. “Uhm… Aiden, I’m sorry for what I’ve done the past few years. I want to make it up to you. Uhm… do you… do you wanna hang out with us after school?” he stuttered. Uhm… what just happened? Yesterday, he was like I’m going to kill you fag! and now he is like Sorry for what I’ve done to you. I am so confused right now. I think James saw the confusion in my face and broke the deafening silence. “Can we start over and be friends?” he asked. “Uhh…” I can’t find the right words to say to him. “It’s okay if you don’t want to be friends with me. All I want to know is if you forgive me with what I did to you.” he said looking down at his shoes. “I forgive you and yeah, I want to be your friend and I am going to hang out with you.” I said, giving him a smile. His eyes lit up and hugged me. “Thank you for forgiving me and accepting my offer to be your friend.” He released me from his hug. “I’ll meet you later at the school parking lot.” he said. “Okay. I’ll be going now.” I replied while smiling. I sighed. I wonder why he apologized to me.

-------TIME SKIP-------

The bell rang, signaling us that it’s lunch break. I groaned while making my way to the cafeteria. The cafeteria was always noisy. I bought myself a pizza and orange juice. I was looking for a seat when suddenly I heard my name being called. I was searching for the owner of the voice. James was calling me over at their table. “Hey, Aiden! Come sit with us.” He said while waving his hand. I slowly make my way over their table. “Hey man! How you doin’?” he said while smiling. “I’m fine thank you.” I said. Liam was staring at me. He was like a statue when I sat here. “Uhm… Are you okay?” I asked. James noticed that his best friend spaced out. I was surprised what James did. He slapped Liam in front of me. “OW! It hurts.” He said while holding his reddening cheek. James leaned closer to Liam and whispered something. I couldn’t hear what exactly James is saying. “Uhm… H…hi Aiden.” He scratched the back of his neck. “Hi.” I said. He was about to say something but the bell rang telling us that lunch break is over. “It’s nice talking to the two of you.” I said, smiling.

“Thank you. Don’t forget, meet me at the parking lot.”

“Okay.”

------TIME SKIP-------

I was now at the parking lot, waiting for James to arrive. “Hey, how long have you been waiting?” James asked, surprising me. “Not long enough.” I smiled reassuringly. We searched for his car. He let me in, and I was sitting at the back seat of his car while Liam is seated at the passenger seat. The car roared to life and drive out of the parking lot.

Oh, how I wish this wouldn’t be an awkward hang out.

------------------------------

Chapter 4! here you go.

P.S. Sorry for the late update people. I was just having a busy month. :)

Please vote and comment