Chapter 7

Liam’s POV

“It was a mistake.” I said. Aiden excused himself. I saw hurt in his eyes. I regretted saying that it was a mistake. “You blew it dude. You finally hurt his feelings.” James said, shaking his in disappointment. Why can’t I do things right? I stand up and make my way out of the cafeteria. I passed by the boy’s comfort room and then I heard sobbing sounds. I tried to open the door but it was lock. “Aiden?” I called him. There’s no response. I went to find the school janitor and asked for the key. Luckily, he gave it to me. I went back to the boy’s comfort room and unlocked the door. There he is, sitting on the cold, tiled floor, with his knees on his chest while crying. My heart felt like being stabbed to pieces when I saw the sight. It’s my fault why he’s crying. Why would I lie to the person I love? Love? Do I love him already? “Are you okay?” I asked, frowning. He looked at me in the eye and stands up, trying to get away from me. I grabbed his wrist and turned him around. He tried to get out again. This time I stopped him and locked the door. “Listen to me Aiden.” I said. He wasn’t looking at me. “I’m sorry Aiden.” I said. “I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. I didn’t mean what I said. It wasn’t a mistake.” This time he looked at me. Hurt and anger was etched on his face. “You’re sorry?! You’re sorry?! I like you Liam for 9 years. 9 FREAKING YEARS! My hopes were high as a skyscraper because of the mixed up signals you were giving me. And now, you came near me and attempt to kiss me and all you have to say is IT WAS A MISTAKE?! BULLSHIT! You were never different than any other guys. You were all the same.” He shouted angrily. He slapped me across the face. “I hate you from now on Liam. You don’t deserve the love I am ready to give you.” With that, he unlocked the door and exits. Warm liquid was flowing to my now reddening cheeks. He hates me now. What will I do?

I cleaned myself up and got out of the boy’s restroom. James was waiting for me outside. “You okay man?” he asked. I nodded as a response. We went to our next period. The whole afternoon, I was never paying attention. What Aiden said kept on playing on my mind. “…I like you Liam for 9 years. 9 FREAKING YEARS!...” He liked me for 9 years? Is that even possible? Does he know me when I was still a kid? I groaned silently. What will I do?

School was ended. I went straight to James’ car and went inside. James asked me again if I was okay. I just nodded as a response. We were going to hang out at my house. James turned the car on and drive out the parking lot.

We arrived at my house and get inside. My mom was cooking food. “Hi mom.” I kissed her on her cheek. “Are you okay?” She asked. “Yeah. Uhm… we’re going upstairs now.” I replied. “Okay. I’ll call you when it’s time for dinner.”

We went to my room and I lie down on my bed. “What happened with you and Aiden?” He asked. I sat up straight. “I saw him in the boy’s comfort room crying. I tried to apologize to him and tell him that it wasn’t a mistake. He confessed something to me.” I said looking down. “What did he say?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. “He said he l…liked me for 9 years.” Tears were flowing again. “Woah. That is… uhm long. He liked you ever since you were kids?” He said in disbelief.

My mom called us for dinner. We were all seated, eating quietly. “Are you okay Liam?” mom asked. I nodded. “You seem not okay. What happened?” she asked, looking concerned. “Uhm… mom do you perhaps knew Aiden Miller?” I asked. “Hmm… that sounds familiar.” She tried harder to remember. Suddenly, her eyes lit up. “Yes Liam. Aiden Miller, no wonder why he’s familiar. He is your classmate since kindergarten.” With that, my eyes went wide.

----------------------

Please vote and comment