03

Saiph.

Dear Rigel,

It's been 786 days since I left the rebellion, 25 months since I've entered Excalibur, and it's been 6 years since you've breathed your last.

You know I went on a mission earlier today with my troop. We saved the mayor's daughter and unintentionally bombed his limo. I keep wondering, what if the bomb did explode on her head? Would she turn into fireworks? Heh silly me... Anyway, I'm not sure how this happened but we also got promoted into a higher rank. It'll be a matter of time till I get to qualify and enter The School of the royal and the rich. So, guess I'm making progress... Oh and I also found a nice spot at my bunker's rooftop. It was beautiful, you were right, there truly is beauty in darkness. Wish I could tell all this to you. If only I could.

I miss you more each day

I'd be lying if I said that I'm not scared that anyone would find out who I was.

Please guide me from up there till I avenge you.

With love.

Your sister, Saiph.

When I finished writing, I hid my journal inside my bedside table drawer and locked it, before I pulled my covers and drifted to sleep.

~~~~~~~~

"Cy! Wake up!"

My eyes shot open when I felt a pillow hit my back.

I hate Mondays.

"It's too early!" I groaned and buried my head in my pillow.

"See I told you, she's like a Zebra on hibernation." Zila complained.

"Uh...Zebras don't hibernate." Gabi whispered..

"Wait. They don't? Damn it."

"Alright Cy, time to get up." Zila tried pulling my feet.

"Give me a break I've only had 3 hours of sleep." I complained.

"What's going on here?"

I immediately sat up straight when I heard Bianca enter my room.

I then realized that they all were ready to start the day.

"Cy, it's already 5:30." Bianca crossed her arms. "We're supposed to be at breakfast by 6, we can't be late."

I stood up, "Alright I'm up." I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes. "You guys should head to the mess hall; I'll follow after I shower."