11

Saiph.

"That's enough."

I blinked at how his hand firmly held my arm.

I looked up to him, his eyes were locked on mine with his stoic expression. It was Icy...I haven't seen him for the past two days.

Confusion filled his face, as his eyes went to my dagger that was now in his hand. "What are you-"

He then turned to his side to where Helga lay limp on the forest floor. Medic squires were helping her up on a stretcher.

My breath hitched. For once, I was completely out of words.

I blinked as I watched what was happening.

I did that?

His brows furrowed and he turned back to me. Gone was the confused look and it was replaced with shock.

That was when it all dawned on me. I've lost my control; I've attempted to use my dagger.

And he...caught me.

My heart raced.

Blythe's brows furrowed as he gripped my dagger in his hand. "Why are you holding this?"

I swallowed,

"I-"

"Agent Clarke!"

Our stares broke when a lady commander from some different troop held onto my arm. "You have to come with us." She ordered.

Before I could reply, she and other round table members pulled me away from Blythe.

"Cy! Cy!" Roux called as she tried to catch up.

I tried to stop but the roundtable members wouldn't let me. Instead, they continued leading me away from and Roux, and out of the forest.

_________________

"You have to tell me what happened in there Cyanna."

The roundtable members brought Helga and I to the base hospital where our wounds would be tended to. My hands rested on my lap, my stomach area was bandaged because of the bruises, while on the other hand, Helga was still unconscious in a hospital bed. If anyone would compare our injuries, they'd all conclude that I was at fault.

Because of that, I had the bad luck of answering the roundtable's interrogations.

"Cyanna?"

I slowly looked up at Commander Brooks when he asked again.

"Do you want to tell me what happened at the boulders?"

I felt my body tremble. Did he know about my dagger?

"I... was just defending myself." I stuttered. "I didn't want to join; I was just there to... teach our page girl."

I expected Commander Brooks to tell me wrong and say that I was at fault but instead, he just nodded.

"Too bad your page girl had to witness all that."

My eyes widened, "You believe me?"

"Sure, I do." He made a small smile. "This isn't the first time we've received complaints about secret boulder matches involving Helga Whitlock."