𝐢. 𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺

𝐢.
𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺

The sun had set hours ago, the moon now high in the dark black sky. Summer was coming to an end and with it came darker nights and colder air. The town of Beacon Hills seemed to fall asleep with the sun as lights in houses started shutting off and a silent hum buzzed through the air. It was as if the outside was finally taking a deep breath after a long day and was settling into bed.

Alone in her room, Aimee Le Fay gazed out of her window with her headphones in and pajamas on. Tomorrow was the first day of school and she was frantically trying to prepare for it. Of course, she had spent her whole day watching TV and doing everything except getting ready. But hey, that's what ten minutes before bed time was for.

The house was almost as peaceful as the silence outside, the only disturbance being the little soft noise of Aimee's music coming out of her headphones and the little tip taps of her dog Bea walking down the hallway. For the young teenager, it was another night alone in the house as her mother, Daina, had a late shift at the hospital. Her older brother, Jasper, was also nowhere to be found. But, the youngest member of the Le Fay family had no idea where he was exactly. Probably causing trouble down town with his old high school friends or trying to get with any girl who's willing.

Though the quiet was deafening, she really couldn't complain because she quite liked being able to do whatever she pleased without the nagging and yelling.

Just as Aimee was about to close the blinds on her window, she could've sworn she saw a figure move on the lawn out of the corner of her eye. But, when she leaned closer to the glass to get a better look, she saw nothing there. Her lips moved into a small frown as she slowly stepped back from the window. Now, she had to decide if she was just going to ignore the potential murderer outside or go downstairs to investigate.

The girl turned around, headphones still blasting music as she walked out of her room. She walked down the stairs, feeling each step creak under her feet. Her heart skipped a beat as she realized all of the lights were off. Aimee quickly jumped off the last stair and hit the light switch on the wall, illuminating the front foyer and the surrounding rooms. Everything was perfectly still. No movement, no shadows, no creepy man holding a knife ready to kill her. Once she looked around to double check nobody was hiding behind furniture, she took a deep breath and made her way back upstairs.

Aimee suddenly paused on the stairs as her breath hitched. Through the loud music, she could faintly hear Bea barking in her room. Aimee's brow furrowed as she yanked the buds out of her ears. In between the high pitched yipping coming from the small white dog, she could hear grunting and banging noises coming from her room.

She ran up the remaining stairs and into her room, grabbing the baseball bat that was next to her door and running straight to her window with it raised in the air. Aimee let out a scream just as she was about to swing the bat down on the person until they started screaming too. Once she realized who the idiot in front of her was, she quickly shut her mouth and brought the bat down to rest on her shoulder.