𝐢𝐢. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭

𝐢𝐢.
𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭

"As you all know, there indeed was a body found in the woods last night," Mr. Anderson said. Aimee, Stiles and Scott had quickly run to their first period class, English, as the bell was ringing. They situated themselves like they always did when they had a class together; Stiles and Scott next to each other with Aimee sitting behind Stiles. Of course, Stiles was the one to come up with this formation so that he could easily turn to both of them to talk during class.

Mr. Anderson stood at the front of the classroom writing notes onto the chalkboard as he continued, "And I am sure your eager little minds are coming up with various macabre scenarios as to what happened. But I am here to tell you that the police have a suspect in custody, which means you can give your undivided attention to the syllabus which is on your desk outlining this semester."

Stiles excitedly swung his head around to look at both Aimee and Scott to shoot them a wink. The three all looked at each other knowingly, sharing this little inside joke as no one else in the class knew that Scott had actually seen the dead body.

Aimee tapped Stiles' shoulder. "They have a suspect in custody?"

All Stiles did was shake his head and shrug before turning back around. The whole class fell into silence as everyone looked over the syllabus the teacher had handed out. Aimee quickly went over the sheet until she noticed Scott looking around confusedly. He whipped his head around and started looking at a girl that sat outside in front of the school. She was pale, had long brown hair, and seemed to be talking on the phone. Aimee furrowed her eyebrows. Why was Scott looking at her?

The freckled faced girl shook her head and looked back down at the papers on her desk, beginning to mindlessly doodle. Everything remained pretty quiet as all the students in the class shuffled through notebooks, dug through their bags, and clicked away on their phones. That is, until the door to the classroom opened up.

Everyone's head turned towards the door. The principle walked in, leading the way for the same girl that had been sitting outside. She stood at the front with her hands twiddling and her head turned down shyly.

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome," the principle announced to the class. He gestured for her to choose a desk to sit at and walked out.

Allison still looked pretty nervous. Her hair was all tousled from the wind outside, but her face was lit up in a welcoming smile as she passed by students looking up at her. Seeing as the only seat available was right beside Aimee, and behind Scott, Aimee made an effort to smile back up at the girl to hopefully make her feel at ease. The two girls locked eyes and smiled warmly at each other.

Just as the new girl took her seat, Scott turned around to offer her a pen. Allison smiled at him gratefully and took it from him.

"Thanks," she whispered. But, as Scott faced the front of the classroom again, Allison looked at the pen in confusion.