𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵

𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢𝐢. 

𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘣𝘶𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵

"Eleanor! Where do you want these?" Aimee shouted out. She was crouched over a box of books that were covered in dust, all of them written in what seemed to be an archaic language and had gorgeous gold engravings on them. 

The older woman stepped out of her cramped office in the back of the vintage store. She squinted at the teenager before fumbling to grab the pair of light green glasses that hung on her neck. "What do you have there, dear?"

"I don't know, they look old and I have no idea what they say," Aimee replied, lifting one up to show it to Eleanor. 

At the sight of the book, Eleanor's mouth formed an 'o' as she reached out for it. "Were these upstairs in the attic?"

"Yeah, I thought you just had old children's books up there, but then I found these," Aimee mumbled, standing up fully now. 

Aimee had spent most of her Sunday at Vintage Reads, working through the boxes of books that Eleanor had wanted her to unpack. It wasn't unusual for Aimee to find herself working late some nights as she was constantly stopping to flip through pages of stuff that looked interesting. But, it was usually limited edition classics or obscure essay collections that she stumbled upon, not freaky old magical looking books. 

"It's nothing dear, just a part of my own personal collection," Eleanor answered. She walked over and took the box that sat at Aimee's feet. "I'll just take these ones to my office. Finish up that box of textbooks over there and you can head home."

Aimee wordlessly nodded her head and dusted her hands off on her thighs. She kicked the cardboard box over to the shelf of educations book they sold, getting started on shelving texts of Trigonometry and Ancient Greece. 

Eleanor had retreated back into her office, leaving the teenager alone in the main area of the store again. This is what Aimee liked most about the job. The secluded moments of quiet where it was just her and the books. She still couldn't believe she got paid to do something that filled her with peace. 

The sound of the bell at the entrance snapped Aimee out of her little daze of daydreaming. Looking up from the work she had been doing, Aimee saw a tall woman wearing leather jacket and boots walk in. The woman held a fierce glint in her eye, slowly looking around as if she were trying to find something. 

"Hi! Can I help you?" Aimee called out. The unidentified woman looked up and quickly flashed a polite smile. 

"I'm just looking for Eleanor Graves? This is still her store, no?"