𝐱. 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

𝐱.

𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘪𝘦 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨

"Ok, mom, just let me choose the movie," Aimee grumbled into her cellphone. Her free hand trailed along the rows of DVDs in front of her as she travelled the 'comedy' section of the movie rental shop. "You got to choose your old person black and white movie last week."

With a final crackle of her mom's farewell through the tinny speaker, she hung up and slipped her phone into her back pocket. The store was illuminated by buzzing fluorescent lights and a deadly silence filled the place.

The peacefulness of the quiet Friday night kept her at ease and she couldn't wait to get home for movie night with her mom and brother. These thoughts were brutally interrupted, however, when Jackass Whittemore walked through the door, the chime of a bell signaling his arrival.

Aimee quietly scoffed.

After a few seconds of the boy barely looking around, he called out, "Can anyone help me find the Notebook?"

With no response being given to him immediately, he tried again rudely, "Hello? Does anyone work here?"

Aimee quickly made her decision and grabbed Stuart Little. She walked out of the aisle until she spotted Jackson near the front of the store looking around for assistance.

"Maybe try the romance section, dumbass," she told him, lamely pointing to the section with the giant sign that read 'Romance' on it.

"Do you work here? Maybe pay attention to your customers," he complained.

Aimee rolled her eyes. "I don't work here. I work next door at that antique book store."

"Whatever," he mumbled, nudging past her to get to the section she had directed him to.

Aimee looked back at him with the shake of her head and made her way to the cash. After waiting about a minute, Aimee rang the bell that sat on the counter. She looked around to see if a worker was going to come and assist her.

Seeing no heads floating above the shelves accept for Jackson's, she began to wander back deeper into the store.

"Hello?" she called out to seemingly nobody. That is until she finally spotted two feet sticking out of the back aisle of the store.

As she passed by the section Jackson was in, she hit him on the shoulder.

"Ow, what the hell do you want?" He snapped at her. She quietly motioned for him to follow her in the direction of the feet. Jackson stepped out and scrunched his eyebrows in confusion when he finally saw the legs poking out.

The two inched forward slowly, secretly dreading what they were about to find. Who just lays down on the floor of the movie store?

They made their final step to peer around the corner of the shelf where the body was and the two gasped and stumbled back at what they saw. A guy was laying down on his side, blood dripping from huge claw marks on his neck.