14. He Chose Her

Looking at the expression on Yang Qinglian's face, Xia He suddenly realized something. She stepped backward, and backward.

''You! It's you! What have you done to me? What have you done done my child?'' Pointing at Yang Qinglian with trembling fingers, Xia He questioned her accusingly.

Yang Qinglian didn't even try to pretend. She laughed, in triumph, ''What have I done to you? Naturally, I just don't want you to be able to give birth to a child for my Zechuan. Think about it, if you were to die and leave behind a child for him, would I, the stepmother, ever love that child? So do yourself and your child a favor, just die and being him with you!"

Xia He never thought that Yang Qinglian would actually be so cruel as to actually harm her life, and the life of the child inside her.

''Yang Qinglian, are there no depths that you won't stop as low to sink to?! Have you no fear of even karma and retribution?!" Xia He almost howled from intense pain.

''Karma or no, you won't live to see it anyway. Shall we have a little bit? Zechuan will be back soon. Let's we whether he cared more about you, or about me. That way, you'd be able to go on your merry way clearer right?'' Yang Qinglian gloated.

The pain in Xia He's stomach had grown to a point where it was far beyond what she could bear. She must get herself to the hospital as soon as possible. They may still be able to save the child. He was seven months old already. If she could get to the hospital in time, they should be able to operate on her and save the child. If she could get to the hospital in time!

''Yang Qinglian, let me through. If you want to be Mrs. Gu that much, I'll give time to you, but don't do this to my child!"

But that's not all that Yang Qinglian wanted. She wanted the title of Mrs. Gu, she so wanted Gu Zechuan's money, and everything he had to offer. She also wanted Xia He dead, along with the child inside her.

''No, Xia He. This, is where you die. You, and that brat inside you, too.''

It was this exact moment that downstairs from below, came the sound of the front door opening. She didn't even need to guess who had come back. Gu Zechuan.

Holding on to her last thread of hope, that perhaps Gu Zechuan would at least take pity on her seeing her in her state of misery, and drive her to the hospital. She called out for help in desperation, ''Gu Zechuan! Gu Zechuan! Save me...''

And at the same time as Xia He called Gu Zechuan for help, a knife suddenly appeared in Yang Qinglian's hand. She stiffed the knife in Xia He's hands, and then rammed herself into it. The blade of the knife stabbed firmly, and squarely, into Yang Qinglian's stomach.

That was the exact scene that Gu Zechuan saw as he came up the stairs. He saw Xia He holding onto a knife in her hands, and the blade of the knife buried in Yang Qinglian's stomach. Immediately he threw away all the documents that he had in his hands, and ran over to hold Yang Qinglian into his embrace, completely oblivious of Xia He.

''Lain! Lian, what happened to you? I'll get you to the hospital soon. Hold yourself together!" Gu Zechuan hugged Yang Qinglian tightly, with pain and concern in his voice.

And at the same time as he turned his eyes to Xia He, he glared at her coldly, and critically, as she stood at the side completely dumbfounded, still with the knife in her hands.

Xia He was at a complete loss. She never thought that Yang Qinglian would go far as to stab herself with a knife, that she's even risk her very own life so she could frame her.

''No, it wasn't me, Gu Zechuan, it wasn't me. I didn't do this to her. She stabbed herself with it. She's framing me!"

''Who would be so stupid as to stab herself just to frame you? Xia He, you snake... no, viper! If anything should happen to my little Lian, I'll have you dead!"

The pain in Xia He's abdomen was already at a point where Xia He could no longer stand. Her knees wobbled and she fell on it. Still holding on to her stomach in a last effort to protect the little life inside of her, she begged Gu Zechuan to take her to the hospital.

''Please, I beg of you. Please take me to the hospital. The child in me, he's in danger, I want to save him at least. I can give up being Mrs. Gu. I will agree to divorce you. Please, just take me to the hospital...''

Here, and now Xia He truly had thrown away everything, even the last thread of her pride.