29. The Ones Behind Everything [1/2]

Under constant pressure from Gu Zechuan, Xu Feng and his information department were barley able to meet up the 24 hour deadline that was thrown upon them, and dug out everything about who all made contacts with Yang Qinglian and her mother. He had been worked through and through, so much that Xu Feng felt that if this were to continue any longer, he'd be worked right onto his death bed.

''Mr. Gu, we got everything.''

Xu Feng reported to Gu Zechuan first thing in the morning, with obvious dark circles around his eyes, and handed him a thick file, full of paper and notes.

''Mr. Gu, here in this file, there is everything about Ms. Yang Qinglian and Mrs. Yang Ruolan and also about late Mrs. Gu. If there isn't anything else required of me, I shall get back to my other duties." Xu Feng said, respectfully.

With that, Xu Feng turned and retreated from Gu Zechuan's office as soon as he could, not daring to linger any more than he had to. If he was assigned with any more jobs, Xu Feng really felt like he'd just kneel over and die.

''Get some shut eyes. And thank you, for all those hard work these few days. It must have been difficult.'' Gu Zechuan commented.

As Xu Feng was about to exit the office, Gu Zechuan's words came, and a sense of accomplishment and pride swelled up withing Xu Feng. He turned, acknowledged Gu Zechuan once again, and disappeared behind the door.

Looking at the thick pile of notes and documents, Gu Zechuan took a deep breath, and dove into then. As soon as he began, he felt the familiar pain return to his heart. By the time Gu Zechuan finished the last one of them and looked up, the better part of the day had passed already, and his heart laid in tatters, in pain and disarray.

Not only because Yang Qinglian hurt his pride as a man, deceiving him and seeing another man behind his back, but more because of Xia He, and what he had done to her. Now only, did he come to know just how much she had stood by him in all these years, and how much she had done for him, even throughout the times he'd turned blind eye to her and mistreated her.

''What a wonderful thing it would be, if the flow of time can be reversed...'' Gu Zechuan mumbled softly, and wishfully.

When his eyes fell on the reports on Yang Qinglian and Yang Ruolan, coldness returned to Gu Zechuan's eyes. In the report, were solid evidence about their purchase of the contraceptives, among others.

He had to give it to her mother. Yang Ruolan was indeed quite secretive about it. She came into possession of it from one of her friends, who procured yet from another of their friends, who got it from som obscure nameless Chinese medicine doctor. The substance was extremely effective, and the doctor even made the claim that whichever mother that was slipped with substance would be guaranteed stillborn.

Yang Qinglian, how could you be so cruel as to do this to an innocent infant? And you ever murdered Xia He in the process!

Gu Zechuan's hands tightened, his nails digging into his palms, forming a tightly clenched fist. 'Yang Qinglian, you and your mother. Don't think that you will be let off the hook for this, of ever at all!'

Gu Zechuan's men took Yang Qinglian to an abandoned warehouse in a remote location. That substance was so potent that, though she was unwilling at first, under the influence of the substance as it ate away at her rational thoughts, after some times she gave in to her ever growing lust and invited the three over. Throughout all of it, Wang Laoqi could only watch. At such a lewd display, as his own lust burned and grew, he struggled to throw off the guards who held him down and tried to join in what he thought would be an exciting and ecstatic experience that was happening in front of his eyes, but the two guards held him down squarely, keeping him pinned in place.

At nightfall, when Gu Zechuan came to the abandoned warehouse, Yang Qinglian was still wearing the same skiny nightgown. The effect of the substance must have receded. When she saw Gu Zechuan, she got to her feet, scurried before him, and fell to her knees.

''Zechuan, please, just let me go. I know I was wrong. I shouldn't have betrayed you. I don't expect you would allow me to remain by your side, just... please, I beg you, have mercy!" Yang Qinglian sobbed. When she thought that she had been... by three men... her face turned white in anger, humiliation, and frustration.

''Mercy? I didn't see you having any mercy on my wife and son.'' Gu Zechuan shrugged her off his feet. Now, even having her in sight made him feel as if his eyes had been defiled.

Hearing Gu Zechuan, Yang Qinglian was startled, ''What are you saying? I don't understand.''

''You don't understand?" Gu Zechuan smiled ruthlessly, ''Maybe you should ask your mother, I'am sure she'll understand.''

When Gu Zechuan finished his sentence, his bodyguards entered and threw Yang Ruolan in, all tied up and restrianed. At the sight of her mother, Yang Qinglian opened her eyes wide, even her mother was taken...