27. Choices And Consequences

Seeing the coldness and hardness in Gu Zechuan's expression, cold sweat dripped from Xu Feng's forehead. He could tell that Gu Zechuan meant every single word that he uttered, Nevertheless, he must deliver. If he was to fall here, them he really won't have to go back to work tomorrow, forever!

When Gu Zechuan came back to his villa, it was well into the night already. When he came inside, Yang Qinglian hadn't slept yet. She was waiting for him in the living room.

What she wore on her was a set of revealing and seductive silk lingerie, with her flaming figure filling in every inch of her skinny undergarment, looking as hot as a ball of sizzling flame.

Seeing that Gu Zechuan had returned, Yang Qinglian hurried to his side in bare feet, and hugged Gu Zechuan around his waist.

''Zechuan, you finally came back. I was waiting for you for so long, and almost fell asleep. My mother went back home, and you didn't come back, and it was getting all dark... it was so scary being all alone. I tried to cook something for you. Would you like some?'' Still appearing the perfect image of an obedient spouse, Yang Qinglian asked.

This time, Gu Zechuan didn't push Yang Qinglian away. He looked at her, as though he was smiling, ''I'm not much in the mood for a midnight snack.'' 

''Then Zechuan, what are you in the mood for?'' Yang Qinglian caressed her finger across Gu Zechuan's chest, dancing over them, as if kindling the seed of a flame.

''What do you think I'm in the mood of?'' Gu Zechuan laughed, suggestively, with mirth in his voice. Though what Yang Qinglian hadn't noticed, was that the mirth never reached his eyes. In her eyes, Gu Zechuan was indeed different. He seemed to be drinking in all of her enticing and provocative words. Did he finally warm up to her?

She couldn't help but let a smile creep to the corner of her lips. Xia He, poor little Ms. Xia He, dying so young and so soon. Look at you now. It was merely days after you have died, and here your ever so beloved husband came seeking my bed. How could you even think that you had the faintest hope of competing against me?

Yang Qinglian took a cup of water that she prepared beforehand from the table, and handed the cup to Gu Zechuan, ''Zechuan, you must be so tired coming home so late. Here, have some water.''

''I'm not thirsty, you drink it.''

All of a sudden, the soft expression on his face was gone. He took the cup from her hand, and fed it forcibly into her mouth, making her swallow down every drop of it.

Gu Zechuan's sudden action startled Yang Qinglian so much that it was only after she drank all  of the cup's content that she realized what happened. She looked at Gu Zechuan in fear, ''Zechuan, what... what are you doing?''

Gu Zechuan smiled, it was as cold as ice, ''That should be my line, what are you doing exactly? Since I came back you kept on asking me if I want to eat or drink anything. Lian, you wouldn't have happened to put a little something in these things, would you?''

Yang Qinglian's face went through a myriad of expressions. She rolled her eyes, looking at anywhere but at him. No doubt, she would deny it.

How could she possibly own up to that!

''Zechuan,what could you possibly mean? How could I possibly do this to you? I'm just worried about you. You've been drinking so much alcohol lately, so I'm just worried about what all those alcohol will do to your stomach. How could you say that to me?'' She even managed to squeeze out a few teardrops. Truly, looking at her, looking up to him all teary eyed, no man could possibly resist this.

But Gu Zechuan won't be fooled again by her appearance, by the innocent and docile facade she crafted. Remembering the evidence that Xu Feng collected, the photos and videos, the only thing Gu Zechuan felt was disgust and regret, at how blind he was, and how heartless he had been.

''Is that right?'' Gu Zechuan laughed quietly, without warmth.

If the cup of water had been spiked, it would start acting up soon.

As if on cue, gradually a pink flush came over Yang Qinglian's entire body. Her eyes, usually crystal clear with innocence, became heated and filledg with a burning lust. Moments later, as if all her rationality had evaporated, she threw herself at Gu Zechuan's chest, pressing her body into his as much as she could.

''Zechuan, hold me..."

"I want... I need you...''

''It feels so hot all over. Zechuan, give it to me...''