37 | Sainte

!!LONG CHAPTER ALERT!!

-

Two weeks, three days and everlasting minutes of heartache.

Two weeks, three days and everlasting minutes had passed ever since I'd walked out of il mio proiettile office.

Two weeks, three days and everlasting minutes of guilt, hollowness, and sleepless nights of beating myself up for not thinking before I acted.

I was stupid and reckless for letting jealousy get the best of me. I let the beast inside take control and I'd hurt Veronica, il mio proiettile.

People had been starting to make rumors and questions about my work relations with Veronica when they'd realized I hadn't been showing up at work.

I'd been waiting for Veronica to call or maybe text me to fire me, but she hadn't so I'd shown up some days after the break as I'd like to say because deep down I knew Veronica was mine and I'd do anything to keep it that way.

I met her at the company and tried to start a conversation after a shift of work, but she'd snap on the way to Bree's hotel telling me that she'd rather have a work relationship like before and nothing more. I felt a pang in my chest and a kick to my gut when she'd said that, but I was fucking relieved when I realized she won't be firing me.

I still needed to find a way to be close to her, maybe not a friendly nor romantic way, but I'd still be at her side to protect her.

Elena had also started to question me about Veronica's absence at home, which led to me telling her about the break. I couldn't lie to her. I didn't want her to think that Veronica left her without a reason. I'd rather have her upset with me than have her upset with the woman who'd kiss her goodnight, do her hair for school and watch Disney movies with her when I'd make dinner in the kitchen.

She'd cried and threw a tantrum to bring Veronica back, but Nathan had a small talk with her after he'd realized the situation between Veronica and I.

Veronica, not being able to look me in the eye at work, was already crushing me and knowing she probably hates me right now is fucking killing me. I thank fucking god for having my brother to help with my kid.

Always is the better Saint. I was the sinner. The downfall. The exact meaning of a Fallen Saint.

"Hey Grey, get your head outta your ass and help me get these nuts on!" My head snaps up when a smiling fool shoves at my shoulder. "Fuck off." I say, sending a bullet wounding glare to Nathan.

He only shakes his head laughing before thrusting me a wheel spanner from the many shelves filled with car tools. With a solid impact on the palm of my hand, I stand looking down at the grease on it.

I look back up when Nathan clears his throat, clearly begging for my attention. Fucking puppy.

"These tires aren't gonna get back on the car itself. Stupid." He rolls his eyes, racking his greasy hand through his dark brown, messy hair. He wears a dark blue coverall with his garages stamp on the left side breast pocket. A skull with a pair of angle wings behind it. Sleeves rolled up to his elbows, showing his left hand wrist tattoo. A skull.