02 | Sweet Old Lies

---

---

A smile spread across my face once I have spotted Bree sitting on a side table at the back. Grey, my bodyguard, follows in behind me, but walks away to the bar section after scanning the compound. "Vera!" Bree calls while standing. I nodded, walking to her and pulling her into a hug. A thick black coat covers her from the cold air condition that falls on everyone, tight black jeans along with a dark red blouse falls perfecting onto her body.

I watch her tuck a few strands of honey blond- shoulder length hair behind her ear. Blue eyes stare back at me, The type of blue that will make you go speechless. She does make a lot of men lose their minds with one glance and she knows it.

Once we have pulled away from each other I slip into the booth upright from her, My back hitting the red leather of the cubic chair. I look down and shake my head, already seeing that she has bought a small pizza for me. The mouth watering smell is swept up into my nostrils.

My eyes narrow in making sure- "There are no onions, no sweet peppers, no Tomatoes, No pineapples, no olives, no pickles- It's just meat lovers. You picky bitch." I look up, meeting her playful scroll. "Seven years of friendship and you still think I'll mess up your god damn pizza." I laugh and take a slice. She takes a fork, digging into her salad.

She was right. I was a picky one, Always was.

"I still don't understand how you do that." She titles her head and frowns at me. "How do I do, what exactly?" Her face falls when I take another bite off my pizza - which is already half eaten. "That! How do you eat so much pizza and take outs, but you still look like a fucking goddess?" She stuffs her mouth with salad while pinching her eyebrows at me and narrowing her eyes while chewing like a kid.

I wasn't a goddess, God I wish I was. I was more on the thicker side compared to Bree. Who has a slim waist, curved backside and just enough chest to top it off. She was the Goddess.

I bit back my protest and kept eating in a mocking way to her childishness. Then it clicked in my head. "What's the big news?" Her eyes light up like a night at a Christmas festival and she swallows, almost choking on a piece of lettuce. She did choke on lettuce.

She hammers her fist into her chest twice then sucks in a breath. I watch with amused eyes.

"Jack asked me out!" My eyes went wide and almost popped out of their sockets. A smile broke through my tight formed lips that are lined in a scarlet red lipstick like Bree's, but a pinch lighter.

Side note towards my surprised reaction; Bree has liked Jack ever since we first joined UCLA at Seventeen. Jack White was the shy guy who kept to himself head ducked deep into his textbooks, but Bree, being her amazing outgoing self. Shocked him up a little. He's now a businessman under his father, Enzo White, and next in line to take over the White's Empire.