24 | His Meanings

----

----

My head bobs and my body shakes with laughter, Grey sits at my side while Nathan and Derek fight about Disney princesses. Mia clips in shouting at the two about Mulan being the best out of all the princesses. If only Ella was here, She would have convinced them all that Jasmine is the best.

After I had shown Mia and Grey some of my scars privately, like the ones on my palms and some other scars from a belt buckle, she had taken a few pictures and written down some of the events that had happen between my father and I, in the past.

I didn't need to explain to her about my split lip, she saw that on her own. I told her about the knife he threw at me and I had also given my house address to go take some photos of the trashed place since I would be selling it in a week or two.

"It's getting late." Derek speaks up. I look up from my fingers and give a smile. We all stand. "Are you sure you don't want to spend the night? There is a spare room." Grey says to Derek.

"No thanks, I'd like to sleep without hearing this ass snoring." Mia says standing right next to me. I smiled when Derek glared at her.

I can't tell if he hates her or wants her more.

"It is just one night." I wiggle my eyebrows at Mia. She smiles back at me and stops when we reach the front door. "Thank you for the offer you two, but I need my beauty sleep." I giggled when she flipped Derek off while he mocks her by twirling his imaginary hair around his finger. "It was nice meeting you, Vera. I hope to see you more sometime." I smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Right back at yah." She hugs me and I hug back. "Thank you for standing up for me with Nina." I whisper. She laughs and pat my shoulder with a friendly smile. "We girls gotta look out for each other." I pat her shoulder as well and pull away so she can give a farewell to Nathan and Grey.

"Nice meeting you Veronica." Derek says reaching out his hand. I do the same and we shake hands. I nod and give a small smile. Nathan throws an arm around Derek's shoulder while his free hands mess with Derek's black curls. Grey wraps and arms around my waist after shaking hands and saying goodbyes to Mia.

I stay still. I wasn't happy about Nina kissing him on the fucking neck, That was my job.

"I guess, this is my leave too." Nathan says right after Mia and Derek both get into a black SUV.

I smiled and gladly hugged Nathan back, pulling away from Grey's chest. Nathan pulls away and nods to Grey.

"Why are you pushing me away?" Grey questions as soon as he closes the front door and locks it behind him. I shrugged and turned walking back to the Sofa sets.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I replied with a hint of annoyance. He sits next to me. I avert my eyes from him and stare at my fingers while playing with them.