BONUS CHAPTER TWO

Nine months later | Mid October 

---

"Please don't leave me!" Nathan is at my side with his head buried between his legs, sobbing as our grandfather struggles to keep awake. "Don't leave me. Please stay awake. Please, nonno don't go." I whisper over and over. My hands clenched tightly at his weak boney hand. A weak smile touched his face as I called him Grandfather for the first time in years.

"Take care o-of each other, S-saints. Be the protector not the hunter." With each word, he breathes out. My lip stuck between my teeth as I stared down at my protector on his last seconds of life. I hear a soft whisper of strained words and my heart crakes. He's gone.

"Why didn't he tell us about our dad!? Why did you hide it from us, Nalis why were you so fucking stupid!? You waiting until now for us to know?!" Nathan shoots up at my side, standing directly in front of the hospital bed, glaring down at what's left of our grandfather. His chest had stopped moving and his eyes closed as if he'd fallen asleep.

I stay still, squeezing at his hand, waiting for him to squeeze back, but his hand just stays limp in mine. My hand breaks away, and I look over at the beeping monitor next to the bed.

He left us. He left me.

My jaw clenches and my breath shallows as I turn to look at Nathan. His red teary eyes stay fixed on the resting man. "I can't stay here." I shake my head now hating myself. I'd hated him for keeping our parents from us, but now that I knew he was protecting us all this time made me sick. A twisted feeling in my throat has me gasping up for breath as I stuff my hands in my shorts and almost run out of the hospital room.

A few nurses rush past me and towards the room. He's already gone. Is what I want to scream, but it's not their fault. He'd lost his life because of my father's stupidity. Four fucking bullets to the stomach because my father was selfish. Four fucking bullets because my father fucked over the Blue devils after they couldn't give him the power he'd wanted. They'd broken our code. They killed children. Women and brothers of our gang all because my fathers thirst for power.

My head stays dipped and my shoulder bumping into many, but I can careless as a pained feeling swells deep in my gut. He left me—

"Fuck!" A loud scream tears though the air and my eyes snap open. My heart thumps and I look down the hallway. "I should have went in instead." I ball my fist now, wishing I'd be in that room with her. "Bree's with her. Her best friend, it'll stop soon." Derek says. Nathan stays still nodding in agreement. "She'd be fine."

"Daddy, why's mama screaming?" Elena pulls away from Derek, looking as if she's about to cry. Pinched eyebrows and red face. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. What if they leave me? What if something happens? I mean there are many possibilities that something can go wrong.