06 | Not Okay

---

---

Pulling the cap over my head lower, so no one sees my eyes. It is now Monday; the first day of work and a new week has started. Stuffing my fist into my coat and stepping out the car when Grey opens the door for me. I glance at him through my lashes, seeing a frown as he looks down at me trying to get a better look. I turn back and look down when cameras start clicking, flashes and questions are thrown my way.

My stomach rolls in a bad way, and I'm ready to pack up and get back into my bed and under my soft sheets.

"Veronica! How do you see the company changing in two years?" Someone asked "How do you see yourself creating that change?" I just stand frozen, feeling the cage around me. I don't know how to move. I just can't, I'm bound by invisible chains to my ankles.

Holding myself into the coat and wishing I had comfort to make this cold feeling just melt away.

"Veronica! Why are you wearing a cap?" One asks, making me fidget. My eyes were red from crying and I didn't need anyone to comment about it or have dozens of tweets about my red swollen eyes.

"Will your expectations for the company change over time?" I yelp quietly when someone pulls me to their side and stares walking towards the building. "What is a typical day like at Scotties?" I did not need to hear my nickname. I knew it would have been a pain in the ass hearing people say my nickname, but I named my company Scottie because of him. My back pressed into the person's side while they pushed people away from getting to me.

I glance up and it's Grey. Some other guards that work at the company help to get the crowd settled down. The people kept shouting trying to get my attention.

Once I'm in, I duck my head lower and keep walking, not bothering to log into the company. Grey still didn't pull away; he just held me to him while stepping into -the elevator. The doors close and I step away. My back was killing me from being pushed into him.

He belongs to someone.

Maybe not physically -I slept in the same bed with him for god's sake-but mentally -He has a kid with that person. Piece of him belongs to that woman.- Clearing my throat and holding myself, I duck my head even more. "Why are you wearing that cap?" He questions after moments of silence, like he has been longing to ask me. I can feel his glare on me. Which only makes me shift on my feet.

"I just don't want to show my face." I replied with a shrug of my shoulders and lean back into the metal walls. "Why did you flinch when I grabbed you?" He presses. I gulp and tap my heels onto the elevator's floor. "You gripped me without me knowing, I think any person would flinch when someone suddenly grabs them." I hear him sigh under his breath and I watch him from the side of my eyes seeing his tug at his black hair.

"Miss. Scott: What is wrong with you?" He presses, making me look up and into the doors to see his reflection. I chuckled sarcastically under my breath. "What is wrong with me?" I question myself while humming.