Heart to Heart

KNOCK KNOCK!!

Marinette: *opens the door* Oh Dami, this is a surprise. What can I do you for?

Damian: Umm, I need to talk you about something that relates to the team. May I come in?

Marinette: Uhh, sure.
~~~~~
Marinette: So, What did you want to talk to me about?

Damian: It's about Terra. We think she could be a spy.

Marinette: We? Are you referring to the talk you had downstairs just a while ago? And what makes you so sure?

Damian: Her story doesn't add up. So this is just a warning not to trust her or to go anywhere with her. She might try something.

Marinette: If you ask me, and worst case scenario, they might come after you first since everyone has it in for the batfamily in Gotham. So you need to be more careful than me.

Damian: It's just a precaution. And a warning. So, be careful.

Marinette's POV

Does he...care about me...like genuinely cares about me? That's so sweet but it's a totally different side to him I've never seen before... Wait, that can be a new line to a song I can write.

Damian: Marinette?

Marinette: Oh yes, understood. Was there anything else?

Damian: Umm...sorta. But I-I don't know h-how to say it..but I think I-I l..-

Before he could finish his sentence, a small rift appeared in the centre if the room. Marinette ran up to it and drew her symbol and passing it through.

The rift began to stabilize and a figure was defined and shown as if it were a hologram. A short, old, but wise looking man stood before them. Master!?!
~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette: Master!?!

Fu: Hello Marinette. Kwamis. It's good to see that you're ok.

Wazz: Master!

Fu: Hello my friend. Has Marinette been treating you well.

Marinette: Master, you know I wouldn't do anything less. *bows*

Fu: And who's that young man with you?

Marinette: Oh right... this is Damian. His family was the one that saved me when I was in that alley you teleported me to. Damian, this is Master Fu, the Guardian before me who was in charge of this miracle box before relinquishing it to me.

Damian: It's a pleasure to finally meet you.

Fu: It nice to meet you too. So, you can see them?

Damian: What? The Kwamis? Yes I can.

Fu: Marinette gave you the sight. I see. That means she trusts you, that's a rare sight and a privilege to have. She doesn't really trust anyone after....'you know what'.
Marinette, may I speak to Damian and the Kwamis in private please?

Marinette: *raises brow* Sure...of course Master. *exits the room*
~~~~~~~~~~

Fu: So Damian. There are a few things I'd like to discuss with you. One, and this one is the most important one.

Damian: Ok. You can trust me.

Fu: After I took Marinette in and began her training as the new guardian, she begged, pleaded and wept and even forced my to erase her memories. She said she didn't want to start a new life with non essential things from the past slowing her down. So, I did as she asked. And in doing so, me along with a few other guardians placed false illusions and realities into her mind so that something won't seem out of place. She remembers her life before she met Ms. Rossi, the one who lied and tore her life apart. She remembers the time she enrolled at the school and of course remembers some of the awful things she did. What we erased were the part and memories she had of the very severe beatings and bullying given to her, the part where she even wanted to commit suicide, the parts that crossed the line that was never meant to be crossed. If we hadn't done something, she wouldn't have Tikki today in her life. And last but not least the part when her parents died and how. We of course couldn't take that part away. She sought closure and moved on. She has both good and bad memories that have turned her into the person she is today.

Damian: *fist forms and tightens in his hands* That's just pretty messed up. It unexceptable. Marinette doesn't deserve that. I don't care about that stuff! I don't know how to describe it..but what I feel for her...is nothing short of respect and...l-love. I love her so much. All I want to do is to make her smile and all she's ever done was fake and half-assed since the day she got here. I want to help Mari in any way I can...I already tore apart one girl's heart...but this one...but her...SHE MEANS SO MUCH TO ME! I CAN'T LET HER GO!!

Plagg's POV

*gasps* What was that. I just felt something run through my body. This kid...he's different. It's something like that feeling I had with Adrien but...more...powerful.

I felt so drawn to him. The more emotion he put out into it, the more I felt what he did. Love. Towards someone other than himself. Someone he wants to protect. Who is this kid?

Damian: But she was right on one count, that dwelling on the past, won't get you anywhere far in the future. Please don't tell her about this. Not even you, Kwamis.
*leaves and Marinette walks in*
~~~~~
Marinette: Is Damian..alright?

Fu: He's simply found something he wants so badly that he would do anything to get.

Marinette: Just like you and me, Tikki when we defeated Hawk Moth. So..what did you guys talk about? *puppy eyes*

Fu: Nothing special.

Marinette: Ugh...Fine. So, where are the rest of the Guardians now Master?

Fu: I've gathered about a quarter of them and we're still searching for the rest. Then when we're all united, we'll rebuild the monastery and start anew.

Marinette: That sounds incredible. Well, it's getting late, you should get some rest and I have a big day tomorrow. We'll talk again real soon, Master.

Fu: I have no doubt. Goodbye, Marinette, Kwamis..take care of her.

Kwamis: Will do Master!
*ends*

Marinette: Alright you guys, let's get some sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~

Damian's POV

*blushing* Did I just seriously say that to the old dude. What if he told Marinette? What if Marinette heard the entire conversation? What if...she doesn't reciprocate my feelings?

Ugh...love is hard..how does Dick make it so easy...and father? Then again...nothings truly easy. But do I really love her? I know I have a want to protect her..but...is that really love? I'll talk to Titus on the subject.

I know he's a dog but he's the only tolerable being in this house...well him and Alfred, of course.