Chapter 12- Mysterious Forest-Dwellers and a Runaway

haha i have a long weekend. uh oh i have family visiting.

LOOKIE I REMEMEBR TO NAME A CHAPTER WOOOO

have a chapter that introduces new characters! (one of their names is hidden in the chapter hint hint)

have i made the new characters a bit too OP? yes. Am i gonna do anything about it? Nope. No i am not.

TW/CW: Graphic Description of; Blood, Burns and Bullet Wounds. Human Experimentation, Implied Malnourishment, Implied Abuse, Implied Torture (sorta)

________________________________

Birds chirp and little critters chatter as birds fly through the morning air. The thoughts of the forest are peaceful.

At least until the brunette lynx hybrid is approached by a small doe and a squirrel. Acutely aware of their fear, the hybrid kneels down and calmly rubs the doe behind her ear. Various facial expression ranging from surprise to fear to anger flash across the teenaged girl's face as she sits calming down the pair of animals.

With no verbal prompting, the doe rubs its head against her hand before bounding off to hide. Meanwhile the squirrel scurries away, making sure the lynx hybrid is following.

After less than a minute of sprinting through the forest, the unlikely pair come to a sudden stop. The little squirrel juts it's nose in the direction of a large hollow tree before scrambling to the top of a nearby tree.

The lynx hybrid slowly approaches the tree wincing at the headache forming from whatever is inside the craggy hollow. Expecting to see some injured animal, not the horrible sight that greets her in the lighting-struck tree.

A girl with the build of a teenager but the size of an eight-year-old is curled up against the scorched wood. Blood drips from large gashes on her back and what looks like a bullet wound in her shoulder. A bloody bruise on the side of the girl's head further obscures the possible colour of her shaved head- it could be anything with the dirt and blood rubbed into it.

There are scars and bloody, puss-filled sores on the girl's wrists and ankles, as well as a burned and bloody ring around her tiny neck. Burns and smeared blood on her fingers suggest that the girl struggled with whatever inhumane collar did that to her while it was activated.

The only clothes the girl has is a baggy white jumpsuit that was obviously not built for a forest expedition. 'Experiment 41 8 91 92 01' are printed in bold black on the back. It's torn and bloody and is doing nothing to keep the shivering scrap of a girl warm in the brisk fall air. The brunette physically flinches when her eyes fall on the symbol embroidered on the shoulder of the girl's jumpsuit.

:)

The lynx hybrid lets out a shuddering breath, taking a few steps back. As she tries desperately to avoid a panic attack, a fuzzy weight drops nimbly onto her shoulder. The squirrel from earlier. It nuzzles the hybrid's cheeks as the teenager slowly calms down.

After exchanging a long, thoughtful look with the tiny gray squirrel, the rodent darts over to the unconscious girl in the tree and carefully tears up the shoulder of the jumpsuit with its tiny claws. It's mission done, the little squirrel boi returns to sit on his friend's shoulder.

As the hybrid re-approaches the girl, the squirrel squeaks and hides in her messy bun. Kneeling down, the brunette checks the smaller for a pulse and finding one, starts to carefully lays her out in the recovery position.

The second the lynx tries to move her, the other girl instantly flicks a knife to her throat, "Touch me again, I dare you," she rasps, obviously putting all of her energy into staying conscious and appearing intimidating.

Not liking his favorite human being threatened, the squirrel jumps out of the brunette's hair, hissing manically.

"Twitchy, calm," the lynx hybrid scolds the protective rodent while maintaining eye contact with the small girl.

The knifes jerks, but stops short of the now grimacing brunette. After the girl lowers it, wincing constantly, the lynx hybrid calmly asks, "Are you okay?"

"Do I look it?" The girl rasps, struggling to sit up. The brunette helps the shorter girl upright and to her feet.

"I've seen worse," The brunette's ears twitch as she smiles wryly, "You on the run?" A nod, "You got a place to stay?" The girl in the tattered jumpsuit shakes her head.

"C'mon then, I'll take you back to the treehouse. My twin sister's really good at patching people up. She'll be able to help you."

"You have a treehouse?"

"Well, it's safer up there than down here. Less chance of being found too."

"Found? Who's looking for you?"

"I'd imagine the same people looking for you. C'mon, if you escaped last night, they're still looking for you full force."

731 words

twitchy my beloved <3

i promise to not kill him off unless i want to :)