Chapter 37- Reluctant Stalking

so how we feeling about the lore? i personally sobbed for a bit and then drew fan art. and wrote this, enjoy.

TW/CWs: Manipulation, Stalking, Arguing, Swearing

Schlatt leans back, steepling his hands, "Now of course, the Goddess of Death can't constantly watch the three of you, so I will be taking a bit of a risk letting you go out to find the three and bring them back here."

Drista rolls her eyes for the umpteenth time that evening, done with the villain's theatrics, "We have ears, dude, we know that you have the only antidote. We're not stupid."

Schlatt's ever-present smirk twitches slightly, "Just making sure you understood. I'll leave the four of you to the details," He stands from the large silvery table and walks to the door, speaking over his shoulder, "You have a week by the way."

Black and purple flow like water as the Goddess places a small stack of files on the table, before sitting down again, "They'll be going to the cenotaph on Tuesday-"

"The what now?" Lani abruptly interrupts.

Kristen takes a small breath before continuing, "Memorial downtown. Your targets as well as the Angel of Death, Jubilee and Blade will be there for the ceremony."

The three girls exchange glances at the causal mention of three top ten heroes. This job is getting more and more complicated by every piece of information given to them. Teagan asks for the second time, "Who even are our targets?"

The Goddess of Death separates three files from the pile, "255 205 38, 514 451 8 and 1812 315 1514 but they've named themselves Tubbo, Ranboo and Tommy."

"Tubbo, Ranboo and Tommy. Got it," Lani starts flipping through the files, looking for anything potentially helpful, "Do you have pictures, so we know who to look for?"

"Yes," The brunette takes a few things out of each file and spreads a few printouts security footage and police reports on the table in front of the four.

Teagan takes one of the pictures, squinting at the blurry image of a short brunette curled up on the floor of a cell in clothes that are way to big for him, "How shitty are the city's cameras?"

"Surprisingly low quality, believe me," Kristen laughs slightly.

Drista snorts before refocusing on the papers in front of her. After aimlessly flipping through a few pages she looks up at the older woman, "We know their powers?"

"Yes, unless they're developed new ones," Kristen hands a few papers to the short girl.

"That can happen?" Teagan looks up from the report she was reading at a starling speed.

"In some cases, yes."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

The three girls sit bundled up on the second floor of a warehouse that has been shut down for the statutory holiday. Cold concrete flooring doesn't help ease the chill from the wind whipping through the city. In the square below, amid a crowd of near-silent people are the six people they're gathering intel on.

Drista and Teagan are using the slightly beat-up but high-quality gear Kristen left them with to manually observe them. The other twin is sat against the inside wall, using her telekinesis to brush against the minds of the crowd, keeping watch in case any notice them.

Lani's eyes shoot open, and she tackles her sister and Drista to the ground, hissing, "Get down!"

"Ow!" Drista hisses, scooting away while rubbing her elbow.

The older twin whispers angrily while crawling back inside the building, "Shut up, he almost saw you!"

Drista sits up against a wall, crossing her arms stubbornly, "Remind again why we're sitting up in the freezing cold for hours instead of you just doing your little mind thing and getting the info we apparently need?"

"Because, some people, especially people with powers, notice when I'm poking around in their heads," Lani's gestures are wild as she gets increasingly irate at her teammate, "We don't need them on high alert, Drista!"

"Okay, okay, I get it, chill."

"You're telling me to fucking-"

Teagan steps between the two before it can get physical, "Lani, calm. Drista we're all handling this differently. Both of you please just stop and we can work though this together later."

"Okay."

"Okay Teagan. Sorry Lani."

"I'm sorry too," the lynx hybrid mutters.

"Excellent, back to the issue at hand," The younger twin points back to the square where the ceremony appears to be over; people beginning to flow away to go about their own business.

"Should we follow them?" The shortest girl asks, keeping a careful eye as their targets begin to walk out of the square.

"We have to be back by seven-"

"I know- sorry," Drista takes a breath before changing tact, "Yeah, we have time, don't worry. Better we get this shit job over and done with."

"Then let's go," Lani holds out an arm to the shortest girl, who grabs it with a grin, taking Teagan's in her other hand.

799 words

calm before the storm :)