Wilbur is tired but must adult

chapter title is a whole mood i don't want to get into...

a) happy canadian thanksgiving

b) ta da chapter

c) IM SORRY WHAT 508 READS?

IMPORTANT PROPOSISTION/ ANNOUNCEMNT PLZ READ: 

If this book gets 1K reads by Oct. 27th (about two weeks from now) I will make a special 1K/Halloween special and post it on spooky day. Thoughts, demon children?

on wif story!

TW/CWs: Swearing, Very Mild Personal Injury, Very Mild Violence (?)

______________________________

Wilbur is exhausted.

Hours of running through alleyways the day before coupled with the two hours of shitty sleep he got before giving up have the siren ready to collapse.

And somehow, Techno, who Wilbur knows that didn't get a wink of sleep, is completely fine. No dark bags under his eyes, usual carefully blank expression and rod-straight posture.

"How the fuck do you not look exhausted?"

"I'm just better than you," Techno smirks slightly, adjusting his cape over his shoulders as he walks.

"Oh, shut up you fucking wanker," Wilbur swats at his brother, who dodges easily.

Techno's neutral expression has retuned, though he quickens his pace in an attempt to leave his twin behind, "No."

This bothers Wilbur, and being the mature young adult he is, the siren growls at his brother, "GRRRR-"

Phil steps deftly in between the tow, having been breaking the pair up since they were babies. Putting a hand on the younger twin's shoulder he gently but firmly pushes him away from Techno, "Wil stop growling at your brother."

Turning to Techno, Philza lightly scolds him, "Tech stop antagonizing your brother, you know he gets grumpy when he's tired."

Due to Wilbur having zoned out while warily eyeing at some pigeons, by the time he realizes what was said, his family have left him behind and are at the doors to HQ. The siren rushes forward with an indignant shout, "HEY!"

The family of three split up with instructions from Philza to be at the meeting room in ten minutes. Wilbur decides to wander the lower levels for a little bit- being alone with the big boss is very low on his list of 'Things Wil Wants To Do Today'.

As the beanie-wearing boi wanders aimlessly a head of curly red hair covered by a dark blue hat barrels into him. Fox ears poke from the hat as brown eyes- one with a large sliver of amber- beam up at Wilbur from freckled cheeks.

Fundy is an intern in the tech department that Wilbur has pretty much adopted at this point- everyone in the twenty-story building knows that messing with the awkward fifteen-year-old will get Wilbur and by proxy Techno breathing down your neck.

"Jubilee!" The excited fox hybrid pulls away from Wilbur, absentmindedly fidgeting with his nails, "How'd the grappling gun work?"

"Perfectly, Kiddo," Wilbur ruffles the boy's hair, handing him a fidget toy out of his pocket- the siren always carries several when he's out.

"I'm not a kid!" Fundy dodges away from Wilbur's hand, continuing to walk along side him.

"You're fifteen," Wilbur corrects, smirking softly at the boy who has yet to hit his growth spurt, "And short."

Fundy winces at the brutal facts before hurriedly changing the subject back, "Anyways, was anything off with the gun? I was worried that the mechanism might jam when-"

"No, it worked fine," The taller assures, "If you want suggestions, maybe longer rage or lighter?"

After a moment to consider- Wilbur can practically hear the gears in the boy's head turning- Fundy nods happily, "I can do that!"

"Okay. See you later fox boy," Wilbur ruffles Fundy's hair one last time as he reaches one of the lifts to the top floor.

"Bye!" Fundy waves before running off as the lift's door closes.

After reaching the top floor, Wilbur casually cards open the door of the meeting room his dad indicated. When he walks in, he instantly freezes.

Fuck. Wilbur beat his dad and brother to the meeting room.

"Jubilee."

Scowling openly, Wilbur flops into the seat farthest from the eerie figure of the Hero Council Chairman, "XD. You seem more ornery than usual."

"That is no way to talk to your boss," the robed figure snaps, tension thickening the air to the consistency of cooled gravy.

"You're not my boss, dickhead. My Dad is," Wilbur has a flat tone that he only uses with people he despises- which is rare, generally people only irritate him.

"And I am his," XD's clipped tone betrays how hard it's trying to not blow up on the young hero.

"Good for you," Wilbur claps slowly and obnoxiously, the sharp sounds briefly filling the otherwise silent room, "Do you want another fucking medal?"

Both of them know that XD can do jack shit to Wilbur or Techno. Or Fundy. Philza is too well respected and loved- any attempt to attack any of their positions would only jeopardize XD's weak grip on the Chairmanship.

Before either can do something they might regret, the door slides open once more revealing Philza, Techno and the three people in the world that Wilbur hates apart from XD.

The Dream Team.

"What the fuck are they doing here!" Wilbur whines, putting his feet up on the table despite his father's glare.

XD scoffs and an invisible force pushes Wilbur's feet off the table. And the rest of him onto the floor. As the moody hero drags himself back into his seat, rubbing his tailbone, he hears possibly the worst news XD could've given them.

"You're going to be working together."

"WHAT?"

849 words

uh oh hehehehehe what will happpenn ooooOoooOooooooOOO