Chapter 34-

lol my computer broke sorry for the no updates for over a week.

anyways have some plot building and i want your most creative insults at the ready.

TW/CW: Manipulation, Sort of Kidnapping, Swearing, Mention of Murder, Mention of Human Experimentation, Mention of Selling People, Poisoning, Lying

__________________________

"Oh fuck," Teagan mutters, looking at the carved coin in the palm of the stranger's gloves.

Drista remains in her protective stance in front of the other two, "What does Schlatt want with us?"

The Goddess of Death shakes her head slightly, closing her hand and slipping the coin back into the folds of her flowing jumpsuit, "That is a question for Schlatt. Are the three of you coming or...?"

"We don't have a choice, do we," Lani says softly, looking between the figure in front of them and her teammates.

"Not one you'd want, no."

"Let's go then."

"Follow me, girls."

The three exchange glances before quickly following after the black-clad villain. After a short walk they reach a dark van and following The Goddess of Death's instructions, climb into the back. It's a long drive on uncomfortable benches under the supervision of the Goddess before they stop and are ushured out and though long hallways.

The Goddess of Death leaves the trio in a locked meeting room with a squad of guards watching them. She then takes the elevator up to where she knows her boss will be at this time of night.

Opening the door to the executive balcony, the black-clad criminal calls out to the figure leaning against the railing with a cup of coffee, "Schlatt."

"What is it?" The ram hybrid asks without turning to look at his most powerful underling.

"I don't like this. They're just kids who've had a fucked up life."

"Are you backing out of our contract, Kristen?" The villain asks in a dangerous voice, still not turning away from the starry skyline.

"... Of course not. I just think that this is... a low that even such an esteemed businessman such as yourself would find beneath you," Kristen states, putting a scornful emphasis on 'businessman'.

"Where would you get that delusion from?" Schlatt looks over his shoulder at the shadow-like figure behind him, a terrifying smirk on his face, "I had my brother and his wife killed, then sold his kids to the government for human experimentation."

"Well, when you put it like that!"

"Just fucking continue with the plan!"

"Copy that, Sir," The Goddess mutters darkly before adding in a very different, almost casual tone, "Also reminding you that my day off is tomorrow."

"I fucking know that Kristen, Man's coming in," Schlatt waves dismissively as he opens the door to his office.

"That weirdo who sniffs everyone?" Kristen leans against the wall, the uncomfortable expression on her face making her opinion of Schlatt's other employee obvious.

"Yes, now hurry the fuck up," The hybrid villain snaps before firmly shutting his door.

Rolling her eyes at the dramatic antics of her boss, Kristen heads to the basement where the lab is, cloak sweeping behind her in shades of black and purple. This plan that Schlatt is determined to continue with was rubbed her the wrong way from the very beginning.

Normally Kristen is able to section her empathic, motherly, human side away while she's in her work mode, but this current job is making that almost impossible. She's worked with most-likely-underage criminals before while working for Schlatt, but this isn't working with this is manipulating, poisoning, and just fucking with these girls' lives.

So, it's with guilt and the threat of her life and freedom hanging over her, that the Goddess of Death – an especially fitting name at the moment- walks to the cold room and removes a sealed vial labeled thallium sulfate. With gloves, eye protection and a medical grade mask, the reluctant villain carefully measures 0.3 grams into three cups.

After quickly resealing the vial, Kristen carefully adds the boiling milk she already brought into the lab, taking care to not allow the powder to become airborne. Once the powder and milk are mixed, Kristen wipes the mugs down before removing her protective gear and carefully carrying the tray of mugs to the kitchen. There, still taking care to not get any of the mixture on her, she adds hot cocoa mix and too many marshmallows.

With the final touch of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles, Kristen takes the tray to the drab meeting room the girls have been sitting in for the better part of the past hour under the pretense of waiting for Schlatt. Still being careful, while trying to hide her caution, the Goddess places a mug in front of each girl before heading back to the kitchen to throw the plastic tray away, wash her hands again and make her own, non-poisoned mug to put the girls more at ease.

When she returns to the meeting room, unsurprisingly the trio's mugs are untouched. On Kristen's return the shortest, "Drista", looks up and confrontationally asks, "The fuck is this?"

"Peppermint hot cocoa," Kristen takes a sip of her untampered drink both as emphasis and to stop herself from screaming.

"Seriously?" Drista asks, carefully swirling her drink around by the handle.

"Well, you're underage aren't you? Can't go around giving you wine or something," Kristen forces a knowing smirk.

"But... never mind. Thanks for the hot cocoa, I guess," Lani takes a small sip, fighting a grin at the rich, chocolatey taste.

It's not long until the trio have finished their drinks, Kristen's mostly untouched due to her swirling, guilty stomach. The second the last empty mug hits the table, the door opens, and the infamous ram hybrid walks into the room carrying two sealed glass vials.

Schlatt places the vials on the table before sitting down. Teagan's eyes dart across the labels before she tenses, eye widening.

"You know what these are?"

"Thallium sulfate and Prussian Blue. A tasteless, odorless poison and it's antidote."

"Precisely. One of which was in the drink you just had. Now before you get all angry, I'll tell you that no one in the continent will sell you this," The ram hybrid holds up the vial of blue powder, "However, I might be willing."

"In exchange for what?"

"Let's get business."

1002 words