A choice - Kang Sae-byeok x Dying!Reader

Author's note: Warning spoilers and mentions of blood, gore and death.

I apologise in advance. This was longer than I intended it to be. This oneshot is similar to episode 8, but I changed a few things here and there. This wasn't requested, but I felt inspired :)

I appreciate the votes, the reads and the comments! I'm incredibly grateful, you amazing people! 

It was just five of you left. Standing on a separate panel of glass. Gi-hun was behind you, Sae-byeok in front and before her, Sang-woo and then player 17. He claimed he used to make glass, which meant he could tell tempered glass from real glass.

It seemed to work, seen as he had one more glass to tell apart. Thank goodness. You tried your best not to look down. The dead bodies lying beneath you was hard to ignore, but you had to keep on moving. Or you might join them.

You could all feel the pressure. The possibility of having someone push you onto the next glass panel made you all weary.

As the older man bent down, examining the glass, the lights suddenly went off. Sudden dread enters your system. If the lights are off, then can he still tell the glass apart.

Just one more.

You could feel the tension in the air. The man seemed to lose confidence as well when the lights went off. He takes nervous breaths.

"What's wrong?" Sang-woo states. The worry is evident in his voice, hoping there isn't anything wrong. "What's the problem?" He asks persistently.

The timer in front of you, making you all the more nervous. What he says next makes you gulp in fear.

"I can't tell them apart," He shudders. You look at the timer.

One minute and 14 seconds left.

"Alright, which one. You need to choose now," Sang-woo declares. The impatience and frustration are apparent in his tone. Although you all were impatient, and who knew what would happen if the timer ran out.

"I need to listen to the sound," Player 17 stands up quickly, feeling his tracksuit. Sang-woo does the same, turning to Sae-byeok, you and Gi-hun.

"Do you have anything?" The three of you hurriedly check your pockets. You hope you have something. Deep down, you knew you had nothing, but it doesn't hurt to check.

Sae-byeok shakes her head, you following right after. Turning to Gi-hun, you notice that a marble was in his hand. Immediately he reaches out to you and hands it over carefully.

Once player 17 has the marble, he throws it gently on the left glass panel.

Tut...tut...tut.

"I need another," He turns towards Sang-woo. "I need to hear the right one, so I can be sure,"

You all turn to Gi-hun, who shakes his head sadly, he doesn't have another marble.

A moment later, player 17 tries his best to find which glass is tempered. Sang-woo jumps on his glass panel. Shock enters your body, and you can only guess what's about to happen.

"I..can't tell what it is," Player 17 says fearfully. He felt the presence of Sang-woo behind him, and he was determined. Deep down, you knew what was coming.

"I'll pick, okay," Before player 17 can react. Sang-woo pushes him forward, causing him to slip on a tempered glass panel, falling to his death.

Your jaw falls in shock at what just happened. You never expected Sang-woo to do something like that. The sound of player 17's body hitting the ground below you made you feel dizzy. It doesn't matter how many people die before you, and you can't get used to it.