Secrets - Oh Il-nam x Grandchild!Reader

Author's note: Here is a Oneshot with the wholesome Oh Il-nam...such a sweet soul.

Please forgive my late posting. I had some Wattpad errors :(

"It was a dark and cold night-"

"-What nonsense are you reading to me now?" Your grandfather coughs out, giving you an odd look. A laugh escapes your lips.

"It's called 100 horror stories, and you asked me to read this to you-"

"- are you trying to kill me faster than my brain tumour?" You playfully roll your eyes. "Grandfather, you asked me to read this to you..." The realisation hits him.

"Oh," He chuckles, which is followed by a cough. You sit up from your lying position next to your grandfather and immediately hand him a glass of room temperature water.

"You are too kind to me, young one," He sighs after taking a small sip of water. You give him a gentle nudge.

"Of course, grandfather, you need someone who can be there for you, especially when you need it most," A small smile forms on your lips. Il-nam loved you, and if anything, you were his most prized possession. His only grandchild and currently the only person that takes care of him. Your pure heart made him proud of the person you grew up to be.

Sometimes you would share secrets, except certain ones.

"Grandfather...why is it that you don't want to go to a hospital? You wouldn't be lonely, and there would be better doctors to look after you.." This thought had been eating up at you. Every time you would mention this, Il-nam would avoid answering. Hopefully, this time he can answer.

"..you are here. The best doctor in Seoul, I don't need a hospital or other doctors," He was right. You were Oh Y/n, rated the best and most efficient brain surgeon in all of Seoul, but with such a great status comes sacrifice. There was no time for a life outside of your career. No relationships, no vacations and no friends.

However, you didn't mind. You had your grandfather, who was your closest confidant. It hit you hard when you found out he had a brain tumour.

"But-"

"-Can you continue reading? I need a story before I fall asleep," He cuts you off. You laugh softly and begin reading.

"..not only was it raining, but a shadow lurked behind the rugged blemished tree..." Your voice faded out as Il-nam dozed off to your calming tone.

...

"Is everything prepared?" You hear your grandfather's voice from the other side of the closed door.

Someone was with him.

Today you were going to have another check-up on your grandfather, and the results were better than you expected. Even though the tumour was still there and he needed to take it easy, he could be more active. This relieved you, but you weren't expecting Il-nam to have any guests.

"Yes, sir, just say the word-" The sound of you opening the door cuts off the unknown guest. A large smile forms on Il-nam's face at the sight of you, and you straighten your white coat.

"Ahh, Y/n..tell me you have great news?" He asks, gesturing you to a seat beside his bed, to which you comply.

"Well..." You turn to face the stranger, who had a pitch-black suit on with a straight face.

"Don't worry about In-ho. He works with me," Il-nam clarifies.

"Alright then," You clear your throat. "Grandfather, I received your updated results, and you can be more active now, but because of your brain and the possible case of dementia, I recommend counting in ones at least as often as possible. Other than that, nothing extremely terrible,"