[20] Blood-red Eyes

Angel groaned, she clutched her head in her hands as a thumping pulse vibrated through her skull. She sat up and glanced around her room.

What the hell happened last nite?

She rose from the sheets on her bed while rubbing her tired eyes, dragging her feet across the bedroom floor towards her bathroom. Her hair was sticking up in almost every direction and her eyes were bloodshot.

Seriously?

She groaned again at her appearance just before her phone started to ring, it was placed next to the sink in her bathroom alongside her car keys and an empty pill bottle. She picked up the phone and saw there were 10 missed calls from different people and an apology message from Scott.

An apology?

Did he do something?

She swiped right on the call to hear stiles' groggy voice. "Finally, how are you feeling?" she scoffed, picking out her hairbrush from out of one of the cabinets and beginning to drag it through her tangled hair, "hungover." she heard a sleepy chuckle, making her knees go weak.

"So, do you uh- do you remember anything?" she could tell he was moving around, probably getting ready for school since it was already past the time they normally would have left. "Is there something I'm supposed to remember?" she asked, slightly worried something bad had happened and she just couldn't remember.

The last day was a complete blur to the McCall girl.

Stiles filled her in on the events that had happened the previous day, about the alpha at the video store and how she got brought home by one of the deputies and was given 'something to ease her nerves' and had missed school.

He told her about the fact Scott hadn't checked up on her after and everything that happened at the parents evening with stiles' father.

"I'm gonna kill him." she grabbed her bag from the floor and rushed down her stairs. "I know, me too." he sighed.

Once she was in the car they said their goodbyes and headed towards school.

...

The girl tapped the pen off of her notebook, now in class as she saw Scott sitting at his desk from the corner of her eye, she looked up at him and saw his expression. "You guys not talking to me?" Scott asked, she took the hint from stiles' silence and kept quiet.

Tilting his head to his best friend with a sigh he said, "Can you at least tell me if your dad is okay? I mean, It's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage?.. Nothing that big?" he asked.

Stiles just remained silent, as did angel.

"You know I feel really bad about it? Right?"

When she saw him turn to her she turned the page in her book, turning her head as if she was looking for something in it, obviously ignoring him. "Okay, what if I told you that I'm trying to figure this out? And that I went to Derek for help." he sighed bringing angels attention towards him, stiles let out a frustrated groan, "If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him. But obviously, I'm not talking to you."

The bell rang for the beginning of class.

Angel flipped through her book to find the page she was supposed to be on before turning back to her brother with a sigh, "What did he say?"

....

"The what of who?"

Lydia asked as her, angelica and Allison sat around one of the tables at lunch. "The Beast of Gévaudan, listen..." Allison spoke as she flipped through the pages of one of her books. "A quadruped wolf-like monster prowling the Auvergne and South Dordogne areas of France during the years 1764 to 1767. La Bête killed over one hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King, Louis XV, sent one of his best hunters to try to kill it." Allison looked up from the page to glance at the pair.