[33] His Cold Words

ONLY A MATTER OF TIME
by
JOSHUA BASSETT

Scott shut the door behind him and placed his lacrosse gear down next to it as he turned to his sister who had her elbow propped on the table.

"Is this about the full moon or?..." angel trailed on with her words, watching something flicker threw his darkened eyes.

He shook his head, "I just, uh, needed to ask you something." he said as he placed his hand on the desk. "Do you...Do you know if Allison still likes me?" He asked, his eyes deepening in a puppy-like manner.

Angel nodded at him, "Of course she still likes you." She smiled, watching his eyes light up. "Really?" He asked.

The girl sighed, lifting from the table. "she's just a little scared and confused."

"Give her some time, I mean, the girl knows nothing about the supernatural or what really happened that night," Angel explained to him, his eyes sharpening and drifting. "If I were her I'd probably be the same." His jaw clenched at her words, the truth driving his emotions further into a wave of animalistic anger.

"You're picking her?" His voice was deepened and his head was low.

Angel took a step towards him with her hands flat out to try peace with him, a small fear forming in her gut at how quickly his domineer had changed, "Scott, I didn't say that-"

The older boy cut her off, "But you were implying it, you're supposed to be my sister, and yet you're picking her side." He gritted his teeth at her, also taking a step closer but for a completely different reason, "You came with me that night so your no better." his jaw was clenched and his knuckles cracked from the pressure.

Angel looked up at him and scoffed with disbelief, "You asked me a question and I answered it honestly, I'm not picking sides your my brother, and she's my friend." She turned to walk past him before he grabbed her wrist and stopped her, spinning her back to him.

The fear was evident in her eyes as she saw how crazy he now seemed.

As if Scott McCall had disappeared and someone was stood in his place.

"You know he knows right?" He said, darkness wrapped around his words.

Angel tried to pull her arm back but it only made his grip stronger. "What are you talking about?" She asked.

A small and barely noticeable smirk cast on his lips. "Stiles," he started, "He likes Lydia." His words were cold but his heart was even colder.

And Her heart.

Her innocent and loving heart, a heart that loved with all it could and bled with the care for everyone around her broke with those very words.

It bled for stiles.

it bled for Scott's heartless words.

And it especially bled for how empty it felt now that her feelings would be nothing more than some stupid crush.

He never liked her.

Instead, he liked one of the most popular and most prettiest girls at school, but how could he not?

She was Lydia Martin after all.

The girl felt naive and it made her angry.

"Let. Go." She said firmly as the cold tears hit her cheeks, a look of pain across her face.

He finally gave in and let her wrist fall, his smirk speaking the words for him.

....

Angelica slammed the door of the girl's bathroom shut, letting out a broken sob as she quickly walked up to the sinks and held herself upon them.