Can you forgive me?

I tried to pry my eyes open. I wanted to make sure it was her. I didn't want to be wrong. I tried to sit up, but my body protested. I struggle internally and sit up quickly startling her as she stumbled backwards. "Sorry." I mumbled as I reached up my right hand and rubbed my right eye. I looked at her. "What are you doing here?" She stumbled back over. "I came to apologize and hear you out." I scoffed, "You didn't seem to want to do that yesterday Lovina." She looked me in the eyes.

        Then I noticed the moonlight glow on her from the moon that shined through the open curtains. She looks beautiful with the moon shining on her. I thought as I examined her. The way you could see her dark chestnut hair as a dark shade of red and her hazel eyes that seemed to glow brightly in the dark. I smiled at her and admired once more.

        "Listen (Your Name), I'm really sorry about putting you in hospital." I sighed softly and motioned her to come closer. She obeyed me. I pulled her closer and hugged her. "Don't worry about that right now. Just, " I paused before going on. "Just, stay with me." I felt her nod and wrap her arms around me. She sat down on the bed and laid her head on my chest.

        I laid down in the bed and she laid down with me. I felt her snuggle into me. I grinned happily. Well that proves that what Antonio said was true.

        "So what's wrong with you?"  She asked, it sounded rude but I knew what it really meant. "Loss of eyesight in my left eye and a minor concussion on the back of my head. Don't worry my head will heal, but my eye I believe is permanent." I heard her whimper a bit. "Its fine, it wasn't your fault." She sat up a frown on her face. "What are you talking about, I am one of the reasons you are here!" She said. Her voice was cracking slightly signaling that she was about to cry. I sat up slowly cringing at the pain in my head. "Alright, sure you are one of the reasons I'm here. But I forgive you, you're the only one I forgive." I admitted. I looked at her and saw her crying silently. I moved over to her and hugged her, kissing her tears away.

        I started rocking her as she cried, soaking the front of my hospital gown. Soon she calmed down enough. "So, can I hear your side of the story now?" She asked nervously hoping I wouldn't snap at her. "Of course," I said and I felt her relax a bit. "When I went into the kitchen I had just set the dishes and the sink and I felt myself being pinned to the wall by your sister." It hurt to say Feliciana's name so I wasn't going to. I continued "She kept asking me all these questions as I struggled but she had an iron-like grip on my wrists. Soon I said something that I shouldn't have and she loosened her grip so pushed her off of me. I didn't realize how light she was and she flew into the back wall. At the realization I backed up and hit my head on the wall behind me. I looked up to see her limp on the ground and was about to get up and check on her when you and Ludwig came in." I shuddered at saying that name. All of a sudden I was squeezed tightly around my waist. I looked down to see Lovina gripping me tightly.

        I held her once more and laid back down. "So what was that thing you told her?" Lovina asked softly. I sighed, "I'd rather not say, I don't want you to hate me or stay away from me." She looked up. "I won't, I promise." She said while smiling, it made me worry that she might because of my title. I sighed once more and ran a hand through my already ruined hair. "Well, I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a..... well, a prince." I looked down at her face but she wasn't looking at me. I was worried that she was about to pull away but she never moved, she never looked up at me.

        She stood still in the same spot. I looked out the window to see the sun rising. Have we spent that long sitting here talking and hugging? I thought then I felt her shift and look up at me. "Huh?" I looked over to her, she reached up and touched my bandaged eye. "I hurt a prince." She muttered. I gave her a sympathetic smile. "It's alright Lovina." I said but she shook her head. "No, I hurt royalty and that's not okay (Your Name)." She said sternly. I huffed and gently grabbed the wrist of the hand that was touching the bandage. "Listen to me." She looked up to my eye, fear evident in her eyes. I sighed and let go of her wrist before lying down. "I punish those who hurt me that I don't somewhat like or love. I would never hurt or punish you for something as small as this." She looked a bit sad.

        "Plus I fell in love with you, so never in a million years." I mumbled. "What was that?" Lovina asked looking up. "N-Nothing!" I stuttered and she raised an eyebrow. "Nothing huh?" I nodded and was about to look away when there was a knock on the door.

        I looked at her with wide eyes. She stood up and rushed into the bathroom. "Come in." I said softly.

        I sat up as Antonio came in "Buenos dias! How are you feeling this morning?" He asked as he walked over to my bed. "Better, much much better." I smiled at him. "(Your Name) weird question, did Lovina come by last night? I couldn't find her." I shrugged. "I wouldn't know, I was asleep the whole time." He just nodded and smiled. "Well I can't stay long today, I have a meeting to go to." I frowned, "You just got here." I whined and he chuckle. "I'm sorry (Your Name), but I really need to go though, so I'll visit you later tonight, and if not then tomorrow." I nodded and waved as he left.

        After he disappeared down the hallway, Lovina came out of the bathroom and tiptoed over to my bed. I smiled and sat up. "So you never went home huh?" She shook her head. "I was with you the whole time!" I grinned, "I know~" She smiled and stretched. "You should probably go home and get some rest, I need some as well." She frowned but nonetheless nodded. "So am I allowed to visit every night?" She asked rocking back and forth on her heels. "As long as your fathers not here." She nodded and kissed my cheek before heading over to the door. My face heated up a bit. "So once more before I leave, do you forgive me?"

        I nodded. "Forever and always."