Chapter 7: (Multi POV's)

Word Count: 1.4k

(Y/N's POV)

It had been over a month since your "allergic reaction" after the mission and things around the compound seemed to be going smoothly. Wanda had started spending more time with you, Nat had become a lot more comfortable around you, during the movie nights you would attend she started to slowly get closer to you, eventually one of the nights she just sat directly next to you, you had gotten scared while watching the movie, and she linked her pinky with yours, as the night progressed she didn't remove it and neither did you, she actually hesitated to let go once the movie ended.

Pietro had offered to walk you to your room but Clint just grabbed him and walked out of the common room, you and Nat had laughed at this a bit before a comfortable silence fell upon you two, it seemed to be this way whenever you were alone with her all silence seemed to be comfortable...it was nice, you both noticed that you were alone and you already knew what was coming "soooo...Iggy..." ever since you shared with Nat that you allow your close friends to call you Ignes or Igg for short she decided to put her own spin on it, one that you hated for about a week and then at some point you just found it...sweet you suppose. "...I'll walk you back?"

You pretended to groan as you began walking towards the hallway, you could hear a small laugh escape your favourite Russian as she began to follow you, as she reached you she linked your pinky fingers yet again, you let the corners of your mouth lift only slightly as you both continued walking not saying a thing as you made your way down the hallway.

—-

(Wanda's POV) -rewind 1 month

Y/N seemed to be more relaxed as his time at the compound went on, and so she had gathered up the courage to join him in his aisle this time, she slowly approached him as she held a second beanbag and the book he had picked for her the last time they spoke, he looked up to see her and his (Y/E/C) eyes connected with her Emerald ones as they both exchanged small smiles to each other.

"Hey..." his eyes scanned her hands and landed on the beanbag and then the book in her hand, they seemed to be processing something for a moment before his face lit up "...no way! You're the girl from the aisle?!" He said laughing slightly

Wanda nodded and her smile never fading as she spoke " and you're the boy who seems to drink a lot of tea" she said with a slight laugh as she tried to ease her nerves

He gets up and moves his beanbag slightly over making room for hers "care to join me in my excessive tea drinking?" He lightly responds

"Oh I'd love to" he takes her beanbag from her hand and plops it close to his "oh, why thank you, such a gentlemen," she says as she sits down.

When he joins her they both extend their legs and their feet touch, it's the first contact she's ever had with him and it makes butterflies in her stomach, she quickly chastises herself about them since she has a very loving and caring boyfriend in the synthezoid.

"So, how long have you known?" this question suddenly takes her out of her head

"What?" She furrows her brow in concussion but her smile towards the boy still stands

"How long have you known that it's been me? On the other side of the aisle" He asks her, his smile towards her never faltering not even for a moment

"Only a week...the day after you came back from your mission with Nat"

He nods before he reaches to his side and produces a mug that is steaming "I was going to leave it on the table when I left, but since you're already here..." he hands it to her, as she takes it she puts both her hands over his for a brief moment before she takes a sip of the freshly brewed peppermint tea, she had guessed it was his favourite by how he seems to drink it almost every night.

The moment however brief seemed to make her heart jump as she took the mug, she locked eyes with him as she began taking a sip, with a smile still on his face.

They haven't had the opportunity to spend time together like this, and she seemed to enjoy it, they simply sat by the window and drank their tea and read their books, when they both finished their books they'd ask each other questions about it and then trade.

As she began to feel tired she looked at the time 10 PM. It was odd she never goes to the library so early but tonight she wanted to make sure she saw him and was able to talk with him face to face. He yawned too and that caused her to let out a small one, they both let small laughs escape their lips, he began to stand up and turned to her "I think it's time we call it a night, but...this was nice, perhaps you'd like to hang out again?"

"I'd love to, and this was very nice indeed..." she bit the inside of her lip before continuing "...actually I was wondering if you'd like to join me...for some ice cream tonight?" 

He smiled at her and nodded "I'd love that...do you want to grab Pietro?"

She quickly responded as she explained her offer "actually I was thinking, it would just be you and me..." she notices how his brow has raised and his eyes widen and quickly adds 

"I mean you're my brothers best friend, I'd love to get to know you more is all!"

His expression drops slightly to one that she thinks is disappointment but she assures herself it's simply her imagination as he quickly gives her a smile and responds "I think that's a great idea, Pietro would probably love nothing more than for us to be friends" when he said that she got a deep feeling for the quickest of seconds before they both made their way to the avengers kitchen where she had hid her favorite flavor of ice cream from the rest of the team, they sat on the couch and talked again for hours, they both agreed that this was a good idea and that they wouldn't object to doing it again...so they did, again, and again, and again until they ended up having the occasional lunch together, and then would go to city together and explore without her brother by their side, they went to a few museums and visited a plethora of bookshops, she even took him to one of the few sokovian markets in the city, which he loved and even asked for her to help him learn their language for when he comes back by himself, she loved whenever she could be alone with him, she thought nothing of it, only that she enjoyed him as a friend, that she was simply getting to know her brothers best friend...that was until....

—-

(Wanda's POV)

Skip back to the movie night of adorableness

Wanda was excited that (Y/N) would be joining them for movie night, she had missed the last ones he joined because of her mission reports but now she could see how he interacted with the rest of the team, that was until she saw Natasha sit so close to him on the couch, she couldn't explain it but she got this sudden feeling in her stomach, it wasn't something she's felt before, and it only got worse as the night went on.

She noticed how they would take quick glances at one another, how they would whisper to into the others ear and share a laugh after, how they would smile anytime they accidentally touched the other...she didn't like it and she didn't know why, it wasn't until she saw that their hands were close together, so close that they were touching-no they were attached to each other by their pinky's, that's when the thoughts dangerously crossed her mind "why doesn't he do that with you?" She shook it off and then "that should be you with him, not her" that's when it hit her, she was jealous, she wanted to be the one who got to close the distance between them as they sat, to be the one who heard his voice in her ear, to make him laugh as they sat together...she wanted to be with him...