Chapter 9: (Multi POV's)

Word Count: 3.3k

"...why would you break things off? I thought things were going well" she let out her breath but she drops her head back in exasperation and rests it against the window behind them, she doesn't look at him she just looks up to the ceiling and sighs

"you..."

---

(Third Person POV)

He turns to look at her with shock and fear,

 "ME??...why me? Did I say something wrong? Did I do anything? WAS IT THE TALKING TOASTER COMMENTS? Pietro told me you found those funny! I'm so so so so sorry Wanda" 

She squeezed his hand "no- no you didn't do anything like that..." his shock turned into confusion, which she noticed "...you didn't do anything but be yourself..." she groaned as she shut her eyes "...your perfect charming self" and finally once she said those words it clicked in his brain, the trips to the city together, the solo movie nights with just the two of them, the way they'd go out of their way to touch each other, the little stolen smiles, and glances out of the corner of their eyes, their late-night talks...the post-mission ice cream "dates" it should have hit him sooner, but he was too worried about not falling into Natasha he didn't even notice how he fell right into Wanda.

"Oh..oh Wanda I-" he was quickly cut off by Wanda smashing her lips onto his, he doesn't know why but he fights the urge to pull away and instead leans into the kiss, but the logical part of his brain kicks in and he pulls away from Wanda who has her own look of shock with a slight smile on the edge of her lips. (Y/N) turns away and grips onto his head as he stands up and begins pacing in front of her. 

"shitshitshitshitshitshit-...no we can't do this, we can't right?, Piet is my best friend and your brother..." his breathing becomes rapid "...and I don't wanna ruin that dynamic, like I mean I like you-not like that tho-i mean not not like this-but we can't do this li-" 

Wanda notices smoke starting to come from him and tries to get his attention "Y/N-" 

"I mean this wouldn't end well-" he turns around and his forearms are smoking more and his breathing is becoming more frantic.

"Y/N!! YOUR ARMS!" when she says this he stops talking and his forearms become engulfed in flames this prompts Wanda to yelp and she pushes him into the rain in an attempt to put out the fire, he ducks down in the rain and shoves his arms into a puddle which extinguishes the flames, he staggers up and throws off his sweater -his favourite sweater to be exact- and he stares at the half-burnt SWORD logo and charred sleeves laying on the ground when he sees Wanda's shoes and he suddenly realizes who he was with. 

He rips his eyes from the burnt article of clothing to her emerald eyes filled with concern but his were filled with fear, pure raw fear, a fear that Wanda knew too well from looking in the mirror. "Wan-Wanda you- you can't... you can't tell anyone, please" she saw tears begin to form in the boys (Y/E/C) eyes as he began pleading and his voice cracking "please Wanda, you can't tell anyone, you can't..." she nodded as she went to embrace him and slow his still erratic breathing "...I'm not going to, I promise you" she spoke softly into his ear as she rubbed his back.

"I'm not ready for this..." is all he could say she guided him back to the bench. As they sat his eyes never left the discarded sweater on the floor in front of him as he watched the rain hit it. She continued to rub his back as he leaned over and put his head into his hands, she pulled him closer and whispered 

"it's going to be okay...we can ask Tony to-"

 His head quickly darts up from its position in his hands "No! No, no one can know! I-I don't want anyone to know about this, they can't find out... they just can't"