Chapter 8 (Wanda's POV)

Chapter 8: (Wanda's POV)

Word Count: 3k

After the talk with the team, I didn't see Y/N around the compound for days. My mind went into a frenzy. What if he was avoiding me? What if he decided that he was better off without feeling! Why wouldn't he at least text me? I've had to talk to Pietro if I wanted to get an update on him. There wasn't anything that helped calm my worries. I checked with F.R.I.D.A.Y. to see if she had any updates on him and she informed me that he was still in bed. I felt the urge to go and curl up with him, just keep him company and make him feel safe. Having him close to me, being there for him. It's all I want now.

— 1 day later —

"Pietro! Do you know...-do you know if Y/N is doing alright? He still hasn't left his room" I was beginning to get even more concerned considering he didn't even leave for food in the past two days. My face obviously showed my concern, I couldn't help but frown when his face only shifted slightly. He wasn't as upbeat as he usually is, which also concerned me. "Pietro...what's wrong?" He took in a deep breath and looked down both hallways that were on either side of us.

"Look...he's okay, it's just that- " he thought for a moment before continuing "-he's a little sick that's it." That made me even more concerned "No! You don't need to worry! He's being taken care of, there's nothing for you to worry about..." he ruffled my hair with a wry smile "I promise" he quickly made off without letting me get another word in.

I couldn't let it get out of my head. I wanted to be the one taking care of him, just making sure he slept well, seeing if he ate, letting him know I wouldn't leave his side. I needed to show him that there wasn't anything that would take me away from him. Walking down the hallway there was only one place that I wanted to be and I knew I had to go. The sounds of the compound reverberated through the hall as I made my way to my destination. I raised my fist to the door and before I could "Ms Maximoff, you are not one of the designated people allowed entry" F.R.I.D.A.Y. 's voice was calm but her words stopped me dead. I stood there confused. Not allowed entry? What? Why wasn't I allowed in? Did I say something to make him want me to stay away? Did he change how he felt?

My stomach made flips over itself. As I was left alone to think about all the reasons why he wouldn't want to see me. He didn't want me anymore? Did I take too long? Did he find someone new? Did he really get over me that fast? Did he even actually have feelings for me?

Suddenly I was jolted out of my thoughts before I could even finish them. The door opened and Pietro stood in front of me. I saw he was getting pushed out of the room and caught a light smile on Y/N's face as he began to close the door and turn away I caught his smile shift into a faux mope as he walked away. Pietro closed the door and held a frown. His face moved from mopey to surprised. "Wanda! What are you- why are you outside his door?" My brow furrowed. Pietro was allowed in but I wasn't? And he didn't look sick... what the hell just happened!

"What were you doing in there? Is he still sick?" Why isn't he telling me the truth? I backed away from him and began to get irritated. I crossed my arms and went for a stare into his eyes as he avoided me. "Pietro...what's going on?" he stared at the floor before looking up to me and when he caught my glare he seemed to fold "Fine!... He's not sick, after he let that giant fuckin weight off his shoulders his body came out of a 'defensive state' -I don't fuckin know!- and actually let him rest and he felt like shit for a few days and now he's relaxing and catching up on a ton of tv that's he's missed while being such a hardass and following you around like a little puppy dog while you stay with the walking talking MP3 player!" I stood in shock as I let all the words fully hit me. Was he telling the truth? My mind didn't register everything fully and I couldn't think. There was nothing in my mind as I stood there. His face went back into shock and he hugged me as he continually apologized in my ear.