Chapter 13

(*a/n The italicized are song lyrics, the words have no relevance to the story.)

"I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun

Wait by the door and light a cigarette

If he wants a fight well now he's got one

And he ain't seen me crazy yet-

He slapped my face and he shook me like a rag doll

Don't that sound like a real man

I'm going to show him what a little girls are made of

Gunpowder and lead-

It's half past ten, another six pack in

And I can feel the rumble like a cold black wind

He pulls in the drive, the gravel flies

He don't know what's waiting here this time-"

(Gunpowder and lead by Miranda Lambert)

Groaning, I reached over, picked up my phone and threw it as far as I could in my drowsy state. I frickin' hate mornings. Ugh! I drag myself to sit up. I looked over at my phone that is somehow still ringing. From here, I can see it's an unknown number. It also was the ring tone I had set for unknowns.

Once it goes to voice mail, I fall back into my bed. The sound of the song Miranda Lambert, Gun powder and Lead, breaks through the couple minutes of peaceful silence. I roll out of bed and onto the floor. I drag myself with my upperbody strength over to my phone and put my phone to my face.

"Uggghhhh...." I groan into the phone.

"Ew." The person replies in a monotone voice.

"Fuck. You." Currently I'm lying face first on the ground. I'm definitely not a morning person.

"Well, I was thinkin' of buyin' ya breakfast first. But if you wanna cut to the chase that'd be fine with me." He laughs lightly at his comment.

"How the hell are you? You sound familiar... Did I give you my number at a bar or somethin' when I was drunk? If I did, sorry, can you please not call me anymore? Thanks." I said once I sobered up.

The man laughs again at me and says, "No, sweetheart. Remember? You left your purse and boots and crap at our house? Ya, I went through your purse an' - I saw your gun by the way- and I found your phone and got your number. How do you only have eleven people on your contact list?"

"Oh... Well, first, you still didn't say who you are..."

"Jake Antonio"

"Oh.... Ok, then, second, I have thirteen. Not eleven."

"Your two bosses don't count."

Because of my back getting sore, I sat up on my floor indian style. A little shocked I asked, "How do you you know I work two jobs?"