Chapter 4 (Meeting Artemis, My mother) (edited)

Arcee's POV

After leaving the new couple, I flew home. It was past midnight so I tried to sneak in, but of course thanks to JARVIS, it didn't work.

"Ms. Stark your father wishes to speak to you. His current location is the living room on the 57th floor." the AI informed me.

I suited down and thanked JARVIS bitterly. I walked to the elevator and pressed the big 57. Back in Black started blaring threw the speakers. I hated traditional elevator music so I made my dad use ACDC music instead.

'I am back! Yes I am back! I am back in black!' The elevator opened and I stepped out. My dad was sitting on the couch, then I remembered. SHIT! My breath! It smelt like beer. I walked over to where my dad kept his scotch and poured him a cup while sneaking one of his mints in my mouth. I walked up to him.

"Hey Dad." I handed him the drink. He turned towards me and looked like crap.

"Dad what's wrong?" I asked he looked like he had been crying. That's unusual.

He accepted the drink and chugged it. "Arcee I have to talk to you... It's about your mother." He set his empty glass on a nearby coffee table.

"Dad... I thought you said she died..." I said, not louder than about a whisper.

"I did." A woman's voice said. "To you and your father, I am dead." The woman walked out of the moonlight that was streaming through the window. She was in a silver gown and she was beautiful. Her face seemed to shift in the dim light, becoming more and more beautiful as I watched.

"But..." I said fighting back tears. "You're not my mother! Pepper is! She raised me not you!" I screamed suddenly my will power had faded.

"I did it to protect you. I swore on the River Styx that I wouldn't have children." she tried to explain.

"The River Styx is from mythology! It doesn't exist!" I yelled, tears streaming down my face.

"Daughter. I am Artemis, Daughter of Zeus and twin to Apollo." she said calmly.

"But... but you aren't real! Zeus, Apollo, Artemis, they are all Greek myths!" I said, sitting next to my father, who, surprisingly, was staying quiet.

"That's what people believe but they are wrong. We do exist. Daughter...."

I cut her off. "I am not your daughter!" I yelled.

"Arcee calm down." My father said speaking up. "Your mother did this to protect you. To protect us... Can you just listen to her?"

I looked at him the sorrow on his face made me feel guilty. My expression softened and looked back to my mom.

"Arcee, as I said earlier I swore on the River Styx that I wouldn't have any children. Zeus and the others believe I broke that oath but I didn't. You, like a child of Athena, are a thought child. Your father and I were thinking about starting a family but because of the oath I knew we couldn't." she explained.

"So... you're saying I popped out of your head?" I asked, kind of grossed out and confused.

'Well, almost. But now we should get you to camp.' she said.

'What do you mean "camp"?' I asked. "I don't want to leave! I have friends and family right here!"

"It's a camp for children like you." She said.

"Oh, so you mean it's a camp full of forbidden children. Mistakes?" I asked my voice laced with venom.

"Arcee, you weren't a mistake. I love you and this is the best for you." My dad said.

"Dad... But I don't want to leave you. Or Clint... Or Nat... Or any of the Avengers for that matter." I said.

"But you have to." He said tears brimming his bloodshot eyes.

"You can always visit." he said as I hugged him and started crying on his shoulder. He hugged back and tried to stay strong, I could tell.

'You should get packed Arcee.' my "mother" said. I didn't want to. I felt like if I did, I would never see my father again. But, reluctantly, I went upstairs to see a silver bag on my bed already packed. I grabbed that and my quiver. I slung the quiver over my shoulder and attached the bow to it. I grabbed the bag and trudged down the stairs.

After reaching the living room, I was enveloped by my father's arms again.

"Goodbye Arcee. I'll see you again soon. I love you, and be safe. Oh, and I made you this." He handed me a necklace and a bracelet. The necklace had a charm that looked like my arc rector and the bracelet had six charms. One looked like and Iron Man suit, and the others; a bow, a gun, a Hulk, a hammer and a Captain America shield.

"Each charm on the bracelet transforms into a different silver weapon. The charm on the necklace shifts into a silver sword." He hugged me again.

"We should go." my "mother" said, interrupting again. I sighed and let go of my father. I walked over next to her and strangely, I felt a tug in my stomach as I stepped into the moonlight.

"Good bye Dad." I waved.

"Bye sweetheart." he replied. Strangely, I knew what to do next. It was as if I was powered by the moonlight. The tug in my stomach worsened a bit and soon my picture of my father and my home faded into a silver light.

Dear Readers,

So i proud of myself! I have updated twice in 2 days! For me that is like a new record! Normally it takes me a good week or more to update my stories so thank you! Vote! Comment! Fan!

~Tasha "Blackeye" Barton