Chapter 10 The Reunion (edited)

I must have dozed off, because the next thing I remembered was being woken up by Percy.

'Hey, Stark, Wake up!'

'Huh? What?' I murmured drowsily, barely opening my eyes. I shook my head a little to try to wake up, and remember where I was.

'We're here.' Percy told me, as I watched him climb out of the tin can we were in.

'Where exactly is "here"?' I asked him, grabbing my bag and climbing out, onto the sidewalk. Sunlight shone past the buildings, and I shielded my eyes as they adjusted. I looked around, craning my neck, and squinting past the glowing orange, to see the familiar skyscrapers of New York City.

My Father's home.

My Home.

'New York.' I breathed, answering my earlier question, as a small smile appeared on my face. I didn't even turn around when I heard Argus peeled away. I just stared at the skyline I had always taken for granted, thankful for some normalcy in my chaotic life.

I groaned as Percy ruined my serenity.

'So where to?' he asked, drawing my attention. I looked to the skyline again to see the bright neon sign I had grown all too used to seeing.

STARK

STARK Towers. The one and only place I'd ever truly call home. "We go home. STARK Towers." I answered him wrapping my hand around my wrist, finding my Iron Woman charm and pressing it. I felt the familiar suit engulf me a smirk escaped my lips as the masked flipped closed. My screen lit up and I saw people surround us, murmuring things about me.

'You guys grab on.' I said extending my hands to them. They clasped their hands around mine and I did the same, securing them from falling. Then I took off.

I heard Percy groan and complain. 'Why did it have to be flying?! I hate flying!'

I chuckled. 'What, Fishboy? You scared of falling?' I joked.

'No. My Uncle despises me and he controls the sky so... tell me how would that make you feel?' He grumbled, shouting over the rushing winds around us. That made me think. My Grandfather wasn't to happy about my existence... So I started descending. 'What are you doing?' Percy exclaimed.

'Yo. Bozo, Gramps isn't very excited about my existence either Fishboy.' I replied as a flash of lightning flashed awfully close to me. 'Ok, ok, Gramps, I'll stop calling you that...'

We landed a couple blocks south of Stark Tower. I pressed the button and we just stood there.

'Oh yeah...' I started walking and I heard their feet follow me. We walked the rest of the way pushing through the crowded sidewalks, ignoring people that wanted signatures and hiding from news reporters. Finally, we reached STARK Towers, and I barged my way inside. I just wanted to see my dad.

'Hello Miss Stark, Miss Chase, and Mr Jackson..' JARVIS greeted us as we walked through the lobby. I smirked as I watch my friends jump, hearing the AI, before they looked around them in awe, trying to find where he was.

'Hey Jay. How are you doing?' I asked, walking to the elevator.

'Very well, ma'am. Your father is on the 38th floor, shall I send you on a direct route?' he asked.

'Just the man I wanted to see. Thanks Jay.' I said as the elevator doors opened and we went inside. Once the doors closed the elevator started rising.

'Dude! This is so cool!' Percy drawled, as we climbed.

'The design and response from JARVIS are amazing!' Annabeth breathed in awe.

I chuckled. "Guys, guys. Save it for my dad.' They started speaking simultaneously, and very fast, to the point which I couldn't understand what either of them were saying. So, instead of suffering, I put my hands up and they shut up. 'One at a time please.'

Annabeth started excitedly. 'But what if he doesn't want to talk about JARVIS or about the magnificent designs for this building?'

'Oh, trust me. He will.' I replied smiling fondly at how my dad use to brag about JARVIS.

'Will we get to see an Iron Man suit?' Percy asked next. I shook my head.

'Probably not, sorry Perc.' I answered. I saw him pout as the doors opened up and let us out, into the workshop. I saw my dad a little way away, knelt beside his Hot Rod, tinkering with the engine. I ran up behind him quietly. Even the sounds of my footsteps wouldn't have broken his concentration on upgrading an old car. I ran and jumped onto his back, grinning.

'Hi Daddy!'

He stumbled slightly at the sudden weight, freezing in surprise, but then he relaxed and chuckled.

'Arcee?!' I climbed off his back and he turned around pulling me into a tight hug. 'You're home!'

I nodded hugging back as tight as I could.

'Thank the Gods you're alright!' he murmured into my ear, before he let me go. He looked over my shoulder, raising an eyebrow and I started. Right, the others. I cleared my throat, before gesturing to Percy and Annabeth.

'Dad? I want you to meet Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, god of the sea, and Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, the goddess of wisdom and battle strategy. Annabeth, Percy meet Tony Stark, my dad, aka Iron Man.' He glanced at them as both parties exchanged greetings. Once pleasantries were over and done with, I turned to face my dad.

'Now onto more pressing matters... Dad I have to talk to you.'