16

A month passed and Miranda wouldn't answer any of Ben's calls or texts. She even blocked his phone number.

"How are you feeling?" Callie asked as they sat in her lab eating lunch.

"I'm fine." Miranda replied swiftly.

"You're not fine."

"Well why the hell did you ask if you already knew I wasn't?" Miranda rolled her eyes.

"Bailey"

"I am hurt beyond measures. I was lied to for months on end." Miranda said tearing up.

"Well technically you lied to him too. You didn't tell him you were having sex with the therapist." Callie pointed out using quotation marks for therapist.

"Okay and that was medical and mental health. You don’t have to tell the person you are dating that you are seeing a therapist. We were only dating and I broke it off with him when I got serious with Ben and the stupid ass man was him the entire time." Miranda gritted.

"How did you not recognize?" Callie asked.

"This man had contacts in and changed his voice. Really good. I never put two and two together because, when does an anesthesiologist have time to be a therapist and half the time he wore a mask and I was blindfolded. I couldn't see his features." Miranda huffed.

"And call me crazy but even the sex was different. Having sex at the office because we only had a certain amount of time. It was frenzied, rough, hard and fast, with Ben. It was slow, long and passionate and sexy and beautiful. I've had rough sex with Ben too but I just never thought to compare sex with the two men." Miranda added.

"Dam Miranda this is crazy, like a movie on TV."

"Mmmm-hmm." Miranda agreed.

"So what now?" Callie asked.

" I don't know, I'm just going to pick back up with my life once again and start back over. I should have known it was too good to be true. I fell in love too fast. It was just too good. Now I have to make myself unlove him." Miranda said palming her forehead.

"It's okay Miranda. It will get better." Callie assured.

Miranda walked into the scrub room and she began to scrub in. She looked up and squited her eyes, gasping at the man sitting in the anesthesiologist seat. "What the hell?" Miranda growled highly annoyed.

This man was bold as fuck. "What the hell are you doing here?" Miranda snapped walking in holding her hands up as they gowned and gloved her.

Ben turned and looked at her as he put his tools down.

"Miranda please talk to me. You won't return any of my text messages or calls. I need to explain."

"You already explained enough and I don't want to hear it."

"Miranda.

"No." Miranda snapped.

"You had months to explain, to tell me and you didn't. You are wrong and you want me to hear you out but there's nothing to justify what you did." Miranda yelled.

"I don't want to talk about it. Not now and quite frankly not ever. I'm done and coming to my job isn't going to make me open up to you. I opened up to you for months and you kept that from me. You were two sided and you chose to be that way. I can't even stand to look at you. So just stand here and do your job and I will do mine." Miranda hissed as she stood on her step stool.

"Scalpel." Miranda huffed holding her hand out.

Miranda began working and she occasionally glanced at Ben, who was reading clinical anesthesia and she rolled her eyes.