25

Miranda drove by the station that night and she walked inside.

"Dr. Bailey." Dean greeted.

"Hey Miller." Miranda smiled.

"Ben was up stairs in the TV room. You can go on up." Miller said.

"Thank you." Miranda said and she walked up the stairs.

"Benjamin." Miranda said cheesing.

"Hey." Ben said dying to ask her.

"Call me by my whole title...Dr. Miranda Bailey. Chief of Surgery." Miranda instructed.

Ben smiled hard and he stood pulling her into a hug. "Hey everyone." Ben said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the kitchen.

"Ben." Miranda said shyly.

"You all know well Dr. Bailey but I would like to reintroduce to you. Dr. Miranda Bailey. Chief of Surgery." Ben boasted proudly.

"Aww congratulations."

"Congratulations.

"Congratulations chief." Everyone threw her way.

"Thank you so much." Miranda told them happily.

" we should go to dinner to celebrate."

"No that's okay Ben plus I have to get the kids and."

"Miranda it's not a date. It's just two friends going out to celebrate an accomplishment." Ben told her.

"Okay but what about the kids?"

"I can call Ros and we can take them there tonight. She hasn't seen them in forever."

"Okay great,  well then you pick them up from aftercare."

"I will and then I will swing by to pick you up after I drop them off."

"Alright. Sounds like a plan." Miranda said smiling.

Ben walked her out to her car and Miranda drove home. She walked into her closet trying to decide on something to wear.

She pulled out an orange wrap dress and smiled, she was going to pair it with gold heels and accessories.

Miranda got dressed and she put on a little bit of make up. She grabbed her black coat and her purse walking down stairs just as the door bell rung.

Miranda opened it and smiled. Ben had flowers in his hand and a Congratulations stick was stuck in them.

"Oh these are beautiful. Thank you Benjamin." Miranda chimed as she took them to the kitchen and looked under the sink for a vase.

Ben and Miranda sat in front of each other at the restaurant. Miranda ordered surf and turf. It was filet mignon steak topped with garlic butter shrimp laying on a bed of parmesan cauliflower rice risotto and a lobster on the side.

"I'm really proud of you chief." Ben said cutting into his steak.

"Thank you....no really thank you. For everything. I wouldn't be chief if it wasn't for you. I just want to thank you for over the years of being there and constantly encouraging me and even though we aren't together. You go out of your way to make sure I'm okay and you are there to talk and when I just need a friend." Miranda  sincerely.

" Always." Ben replied "and I thank you Miranda. You have always done the same for me. I greatly appreciate you." Ben added.

Miranda looked over at her phone as it began to ring. Ben looked over too and he saw Keith's name across the screen.