45.Mission

Ridhi's pov-

Quite a hectic day. I was hell tired when I got back home from hospital. It's almost been two weeks since Aadi and Aarush went back. Aarnav anna had also gone back after coming from our parent's home. I miss him so much and moreover I really miss Aarush. We spoke few times through calls as they are not always allowed phone, but I get to see him this weekend that is tomorrow.

Last time we spoke was three days ago and now I even miss his voice.
'You are meeting him tomorrow and this is too much cliche.' my subconscious said and I sighed.
But still, I am very exited to meet him.
'Stop acting like a typical teenager.' my brain said and I mentally rolled my eyes.

Lying on bed, I tried to sleep but it was way too far away from me. I opened my phone and started seeing mine and Aarush's pictures. I secretly captured many pictures of Aarush knowing he would deny if I ask for him to pose. Looking at those pictures, a smile automatically crept through my face. He looks so cute in all these pictures and I badly wanted to hug him right now. I can't now, but I'm going to do it tomorrow.

After sometime, I closed my eyes hoping for the sun to rise soon and drifted off to my dreamland.

I woke up when morning rays hit my eyes. I sat on my bed and rubbed my eyes to get rid of the sleep. I was so happy today as I was going to meet Aarush. Quickly getting up from my bed, I walked towards the washroom and came out after taking a bath. I scanned my eyes through my closet to find myself a perfect dress. After 5 minutes of search I decided to go for a plain yellow t-shirt and black 3/4th skirt with yellow flower print on it. Applying lip gloss and leaving my hair open, I went out to Aadhya's room. I knocked on her door and she opened after few seconds. She was wearing a black ripped jeans with pink t-shirt and black denim jacket.

"Let's go?" I ask her and she nodded. While I was locking my apartment Aadhya got a call.
"Hello."
"Yes, sir. Send me the address."
"Okay sir." she said hanging up the call and I looked at her in confusion.
"Come on. Today is weekend and moreover I was going to meet Aadi." she said sighing. "Who was it?" I asked. "Supervisor. He asked me to go to someone to get a health report. I can't even deny him now." she said stomping her leg on the floor. "Should I go with you?" I asked and she shook her head. "No. That's fine. I can manage. You go meet them. I'll join you later." she said. We both walked down and parted our ways.

I took a bus to the southern command. Thankfully the bus was quite empty. I felt happy as the buses are rarely empty. I went and sat on a window seat. I was really very exited to meet Aarush. It was going to take some time for me to reach there, so I took out my earphones and started listening to songs while looking out of the window.

Finally after reaching the southern command, I went to the main lobby to ask about Aadi and Aarush. The whole time I was walking inside, the smile didn't leave my face. There were many officers and few visitors also. I didn't knew whom to ask. I saw an officer walking inside the lobby. I walked to him and stopped him.

"Excuse me sir. Sorry to disturb you." I said and he looked towards me. "That's okay. How can I help you ma'am." he asked politely. "I am actually looking Adithya and Aarush. Can you please tell me where I can find them?" I asked and he looked at me in confusion. "And you are?" he asked. "I'm Ridhi Arya." I said and he made a face as he if he realised something. "Ridhi? So you are Aarush's girlfriend?" he asked and I nodded my head smiling a bit. "Aarush told me you would come today to visit him. Sorry to inform you miss, but Aarush and Adithya are not here." he said and now I was confused. "Sorry sir. What do you mean by they are not here?" I asked him.

He sighed lightly and spoke. "They went on an emergency mission." he said. "Umm... Okay. So when are they going to come back." I asked and noticed him becoming a bit insecure. What's wrong with him? "They may come back within few days." he said sounding a bit unsure. "Few days in the sense, 3 or 4 days?" I asked and he nodded. "Yeah, but..." he said and stopped speaking. Ugh! I hate these buts. Unknowingly my heart started beating fast and my brain pictured all the worst scenarios. "I'm just telling this because, I don't want to give false hopes. This mission is a dangerous mission. We are just hoping that everyone come back safe and secure." he said and I forgot how to breath. "Ma'am, you don't have to worry about them. They are going to come back safely." he said and walked away.

'Nothing is going to happen to him.' my subconscious now reminded me for a hundredth time. I controlled my self not to cry but, it was becoming impossible.
Don't cry. Don't cry. Nothing is going to happen to him. I kept repeating this in my mind. I tried my best not to cry and become weak. That is when I heard my phone ringing. I took it out of my bag and picked it up without seeing the caller I.D. "Did you meet them? I'm done with my work. I'll come there within 30 minutes." I heard Aadhya's voice from the other side of the line. "Come back home." I said. "What? Why?" she asked. "Just come back." I said and hung up. My voice was already shaking. I looked around and realised that I had already walked far away from southern command.

I couldn't walk any further so I booked an uber. The whole ride back home felt long with me trying not to breakdown. After what felt like an eternity, I finally reached my apartment and walked in. When I went inside I saw Aadhya sitting on the couch. As soon as she saw me she walked towards me. "What happened? Why did you ask me to come back?" she asked me, but I couldn't speak anything. "You are scaring me Ridhi. Speak out. Did something happen to you?" she asked checking me. I couldn't controll anymore. Tears started rolling down my eyes. "Ridhi? Why are you crying?" she asked. "Aadhya... They were.... telling that....." It was becoming difficult for me to speak. "Who told what?" she asked making me sit on the couch. "The officer.... he told that.... Aadi and A....Aarush went on a mission..... and he couldn't tell.... if they would come back." I said and brokedown completely.

"No, that can't be. They won't leave us. Stop crying." I heard Aadhya's shaking voice. I know she is trying very hard not to cry.
'Nothing happened to them. So stop crying.' my brain said but I couldn't. I got up from the couch and went to my room. I can't cry more in front of Aadhya as she herself was in the verge of crying.

'He is going to return back safely.' my brain said and I hoped for the same trying to subside my crying.

Note:

Hey guys,
Please comment your thoughts and do not forget to vote.
❤❤