67.Mom

Ridhi's pov-

I'm so happy for Aadhya right now and I don't know when I'm going to be happy for myself. "I think we need to talk." my mom said to me and walked towards my room. I looked towards Aadhya's mom and my dad and they had a helpless look on their face. "I think I pretty messed up right?" my dad said. "Of course dad. I specially told you not to talk about Aarush in front of mom. Now you have to help me speak to her." I said and dragged him to my room.

I entered the room and saw my mom was standing with her hands folded. "So tell me, who is Aarush and how come your dad know about him and not me?" she asked glaring at me. "M.... Mom, he... He is..." I stuttered and my mom sighed. "Oh come on! Tell already." she said. I turned towards my dad and signalled him to help me. "No, your dad is not going to speak. You have to speak today." she said and I know I'm screwed up now.

"Mom... The thing is... I... He..." my god! What the hell is wrong with me. I was not able to speak at all looking at my mom's angry face. What if she doesn't accept him. NO! That can't happen.
'She is your mom, not a monster who is going to eat you up.' my brain said.
I know that. I'm just scared that she won't accept him.
'I just can't help with your overthinking.' my brain said giving up on itself.

"Mom, he is my boyfriend." I said and my mom waited for me to continue. "His name is Aarush and he is an army officer, Aadi's and Aarnav anna's colleague. " I said and looked at my dad. His face was void of any expressions. "When did you meet him?" she asked. "Umm... Six months ago." I said looking down. "And you didn't bother to tell me about this." she said. "No mom, I wanted to tell you everything. I was just waiting for the right time and it's not been so long that I realised my feelings for him." I said and she did not speak anything. "Mom, I really love him and he loves me too." I again spoke.

"Okay fine, I'll meet him." she said and I smiled brightly. "Don't be so happy." she said and walked out of my room. I turned towards my dad and he shrugged his shoulders. He was about to walk out but I stopped him. "Dad?" I said and he turned to me. "Why didn't you tell anything when I told you about Aarush?" I asked and he walked towards me. "That's because I trust your decision and it doesn't mean that your mom doesn't trust your decision. She just loves you very much and according to her you are still her baby." he said and I hugged him. "I'm damn sure you and mom will like Aarush." I said and he patted my back.

He broke the hug and looked at me frowning a bit. "What's wrong?" I asked. "You still didn't show me his picture." he said and I chuckled. "Wait." I said and went to the night stand to grab my phone. I opened one of his picture in gallary and forwarded my phone to him. "It's him." I said and he took my phone. He saw the picture for few seconds and spoke. "Hmmm.... He looks handsome. Good choice." he said and I smiled.

Handing my phone back to me, he walked out of my room and I fell on my bed and sighed. My started ringing and when I saw the caller id, it was Aarush. A smile automatically crept on my face. "Hello." I said picking up the call.
"Hey, what's up?"
"Nothing, just missing you."
"Ohhh! Heard your parents are here. Will they mind if I come over." he said and I chuckled.
"Well, I don't know and yeah they want to meet you."
"Oh wow! Umm... When?"
"Tomorrow?"
"Okay."
I saw Aadhya standing at the entrence looking at me. "Aarush, I'll call you later. Bye, miss you." I said. "Miss you too. Bye." he said and I hung up. "Come in. Why are you standing there?" I said to Aadhya and she came in.

"You told your mom about Aarush?" she asked sitting beside me. "Yeah, I did." I said. "And?"
"I have no idea what's going on in her mind. She told she wants to meet him, but my dad have no problem. Atleast that is what I think from his reaction." I said. "I'm sure Aarush will impress your parents." she said and I smiled. "Okay, now don't worry about that. How about some netflix and chill?" she asked wriggling her brows. "You know I would never tell no to that." I said. "Awesome!" she said and we spent rest of the night streaming netflix.

Note:
Hey guys,
Please comment your thoughts and don't forget to vote.
❤❤