6. Genevieve

I swing open the door to Sebastian's car, Jaiden quickly hops out and pulls Imogen into his arms. I'm bouncing on my feet super anxious, I slam the door shut and rush behind Jaiden as he runs into the hospital.

"Help!" Jaiden and I both yell, a couple of nurses come towards us and I see another one coming down the hall with a gurney. It was all a blur as Jaiden places her on the gurney and the nurses talking quickly. I should understand them, their lingo, I'm a nursing student but I can't think none of their medical talk is rendering in my head I only watch Imogen. And then they begin to pull her away. I begin to walk forward but a hand wrapping around my bicep and a nurse in front of us stop us.

"Ma'am," The nurse says stopping me. She's talking but I don't listen until I blink at her.

"Uh her sister is in the city, her mom is in New York," I mumble and the nurse nods. I'm numb as I give Imogen's information to the nurse at the nursing station.

Sitting in between Sebastian and Jaidnen, I quickly run through all the procedures on how to handle a situation like that, we had a unit about in one of my classes in our sophomore year. She was responsive and breathing but I know she was struggling, her eyes dilated. I groan and stand up running a hand through my hair.

"Genevieve," Sebastian says softly. I shake my head and turn my back to them, I squeeze my eyes shut and look up at the ceiling hands on my hips controlling my breathing. I did what I could, what I was capable of, it wasn't my fault. But it is, I wasn't in eyesight of her and if I was I would have seen it happen. I sigh and reopen my eyes before turning to the boys.

"You okay?" Sebastian asks me, leaning forward and resting his forearms on his knees with a raised brow.

I nod a couple of times like I'm trying to convince myself, "just peachy," I respond with a dry throat. His eyes narrow and I can see it in his head, he's calculating me slowly to see if I am genuinely okay. I wave him off and breathe out again.

"Derek's always been a douchebag," Jaiden grumbles, I turn to him a bit and see him fully closed off, arms and leg crossed, and slouched on the chair. I can see the invisible smoke coming out of his ears and if we were in a more light-hearted situation I would laugh.

"She was fucking drugged?" A loud voice has me turning around, Taryn rushes towards us and before I could get anything out, she was pulling me into a hug cradling my head gently before pulling away.

"Tell me everything." She demands. I recount everything up until Imogen was placed on a stretcher. "Is she awake?" She asks looking at us.

"No, we haven't heard anything yet," Sebastian says and she nods.

"Thank you," She tells the boys behind me and then looks at me, she squeezes my biceps and I let out a breath. "I'm going to go to the front desk, I'll be right back." She says and I nod. I finally turn and sit back down between the boys.

"What a crazy night," I sigh crossing my legs.

"You look exhausted," Sebastian huffs.

"I feel it," I nod leaning my head back against the wall, crossing my arms. In the corner of my eye, I can see Sebastian turn his head to stare at me, I lift my head up and raise an eyebrow.

"She'll be fine, you went full nurse mode the second she fell to the fucking ground," he tells me.

"I was panicking, I think I could've done more," I yawn into my hand. He nudges my calf and shakes his head. I don't respond back but lean my head on the wall. I didn't know I had fallen asleep until someone was shaking my legs, I slowly blink awake and sit up, and surprisingly off of Sebastian's shoulder.