8. Sebastian

Since being in Maryland and away from the media Rhett has been less tense. That's the perks of my grandparents, it's away from the city life. They don't particularly live on a farm but they have a decent amount of land along with their neighbors. Halfway into our drive down this morning Rhett had finally shut off his phone and never touched it again, I knew Penny had been worried about him ever since the news about dad so when he pocketed the phone she visibly sighed.

Maverick- how many plates have you had already Jesus? It's only 3.
Spencer- why are you bashing?
Genevieve- how are you not fat?
Imogen- LOL
Jaiden- Shots fired.
Me- the fuck?
Spencer- attached image.

I shake my head at the recent picture of Spencer's next thanksgiving plate, I don't know what happened but this morning I was added into a new group chat which includes Genevieve and Imogen. Spencer had sent a drunk video of Maverick.

"What's that head shake for?" Grandma asks. I glance up as I put my phone down. "Please tell me it isn't your father again."

"It's not," I assure her, "it's just Spencer's normal shit," I shrug and Penny chuckles. She and Grandma have been in the kitchen since we got here. Grandma slides the mug over to me and I pick it up before carrying it back into the living room. I hand the mug to grandad.

He and Rhett were talking about the blast dad put all of us in. Dad didn't even consider Penny and me when he blasted Rhett with some sort of stupid suing issue. Dad is so narcissistic at times it makes me want to scream at the top of my lungs.

"Well if you need anything," Grandad tells him and Rhett nods.

"I won't but thank you," My brother smiles at him as I settle onto the other side of the couch he was sitting on.

"Seb, how's school? I know you took on more classes than you should," He eyes me annoyed. I chuckle and place my feet on the corner of the coffee table, matching Rhett's posture.

"School's good, I only took on two extra classes this semester since I took a semester off. It's not much," I shrug.

"I just don't want yourself to have so much pressure," He tells me.

"I can handle it, if anything the two extra classes are easy ones."

"And how are you doing?" He asks narrowing his eyes at me.

"You may want to be specific about that question," I tell him, and Rhett chuckles. I glance up at the tv mounted on the wall, a classic thanksgiving football day.

"I mean sobriety wise, you ass," Grandad laughs sipping on his tea. I smile and give him a shrug. "A real answer please."

"It's hard but it's been a bit easier now, still fucking hard though but what isn't in life."

"How's he actually doing?" Grandad asks Rhett.

"Surprisingly really well," Rhett responds truthfully "I honestly thought from how I met him and how much of a drunk idiot he is, I'd have to keep him on a leash once he came out of rehab," Rhett chuckles, and Granddad smiles.

"Yeah like I would let you put a leash around me," I send him a glare, he lets out a small bark and I flip him off.

"But your good right?" Grandad asks.

"I'm good, probably too good that has everyone more annoyed with me but it comes with me being sober."

"So what's better?" Rhett asks me, I raise a brow. "Sober or drunk?"

"Is that a legitimate question?" I ask him and he nods. "Well the real answer is drunk," I tell him and his eyes narrow. I slip my feet off the table, "and if you don't believe me I'll just go get a beer in the fridge."