32. Genevieve

I don't know what's going on with me but I can feel like my soul is crumbling and caving in and it's waiting to sink to the ground and drag me down with it. I stare at myself in my mirror, my dark circles are back but hopefully, my friends see it from exams, but I know Sebastian will see right through me. I run my hands down my stomach and towards my waist. Eating disorders are a bitch and no matter how I feel in my body the mirror doesn't seem to agree. I sigh and shake my head before grabbing my phone off the counter and shutting the light.

"Gen! You ready?" Imogen yells.

"Coming!" I yell back as I grab my coat off a hanger in my small closet. We're going to the boys for a Christmas party, college style. Mostly just pizza, other junk food, movies and games, our usual get-togethers. But Spencer, being himself, wanted all of us to hang out before Christmas break.

"You okay?" Imogen asks me pulling out of our parking complex. I glance at her and nod.

"Yeah, just stuck in my head, you know how it is," I force a weak smile.

"Gen, you can always talk to me," she reminds me.

"I know," I say softly tugging on my sleeve. "I really like your hair," I tell her and she chuckles. She had cut her long hair from her waist to her collarbone, and now she's dipped dyed it green and purple. "Reminds me of the old you," I say and nudge her elbow.

"My mom is going to hate when I go see her for Christmas," she shrugs.

"I didn't expect for you to have such drastic changes when you and Jaiden started seeing each other," I smirk and she easily flips me off. She and Jaiden have been a quiet thing since about August, from my understanding they are more than friends, but not friends with benefits. Sounds complicated but then again my own relationship with Sebastian is complicated enough.

"The asshole said I should just dye my hair rainbow-like," she grumbles and I laugh. She smiles at my laughter, I haven't been in the mood lately and she's clearly noticed.

"I think he'd still take you to bed with rainbow hair," I tease her.

"He hasn't taken me to bed, period," She tells me and my eyes widen.

"Wow, he's got some restrain. How long do you think he's going to last?" I ask shocked they haven't had sex yet.

She groans and hits her steering wheel lightly "not for long, I hope. Considering his dirty mind," I swear I see her shiver and I gag, "I hope it's not much longer."

"Just initiate it first," I tell her.

"Girl, you don't think I haven't?" She asks me and I stifle a laugh. I see her rub her chest absently and I realize I haven't been as good as a friend as she has to me. Imogen suffers from serve anxiety, despite her outgoing personality, and PTSD. It has to do with her dad, who's in prison.

"How are you? I'm sorry I haven't really been there for you lately," I sigh.

"Girl, don't worry about me," she laughs as she pulls onto the boy's street. "I'm fine, it's just anxiety," she shrugs. "You focus on you because seeing you being a happy bee, makes me happy," she winks at me and I laugh.

"Love you," I tell her as she pulls up beside Jaiden's jeep.

"Love you too," she gives me a smile. Imogen lets herself into the already open house, she spends a lot of time here quickly. "Honey I'm home!" She yells and I'm immediately hit with home-cooked food, my stomach doesn't grumble despite my inner consciousness grumbling

Jaiden meets us at the kitchen and smiles "Hi Gen," he greets me and I smile. He turns to Imogen and begins, I think speaking Italian. Imogen doesn't know Italian but he continues to speak it anyway.