24. Genevive

"It's odd isn't it?" Imogen says as she hands me my Buddha bowl.

"What's odd?" I question her closing my textbook.

"Not having the boys around," She replies. Ever since we've known the Royal Socialists, we've spent about every weekend with them and it's odd with just Imogen and I chilling at home.

"Oh yeah, feels empty," I confess pulling a blanket around my legs. I know where they are, gentleman's club. Meaning strip club and all that shit. Apparently a lot of people from our school there, it shocked me when Sebastian told me the people who go.

"It's weird how quickly our weekends have changed since knowing them," she says scrolling through Netflix. "Where'd they even go?" She asks.

"Strip club," I reply and she snorts.

"Wonder how their wives would feel about that later in life," She says putting on Modern Family.

"Imagine them having wives," I joke and she chuckles.

"I can imagine Spencer being the fun Uncle, maybe Maverick would be a good dad," she shrugs.

"What's up with you and Jaiden?" I ask frowning a bit.

"Me and Jaiden?" She laughs, "why?"

"What do you mean why? That's like you asking me about Sebastian," I tell her. I don't have to look at her to know she rolled her eyes. "He's not bad you know."

"Who? Sebastian?" She asks me and I hum.

"Despite what people say, he's not bad. I know he's the hard-ass that people think and his one-word vocabulary as fuck but he's not bad."

"Neither of them is, they are pretty decent guys," she agrees. "I think people misjudge them, their all dealing with their own shit."

I don't much about Spencer and Maverick's life outside of school and their social life. I know a bit about Jaiden, he's in recovery too. Gambling obviously but that's it. The boys are private when it comes to their separate lives and I guess that's what makes them noticeable to our school society.

"So how is he?" Imogen asks, I turn to her shoving my spoon into my mouth and raise a brow. "Sebastian," she laughs. "Is he good in bed like people say?"

I clear my throat and shake my head, I didn't know much about Sebastian and his friends, only that they are practically Gods in bed and after a few nights rolling around in bedsheets with Sebastian Hale and the rumors are true.

"Yeah," I confirm and she lets out hell yeah. "You should find out if Jaiden is just as good," I nudge her and she scoffs. We sit in silence, eating the rest of our dinner. I finish a lot slower than Imogen but I mean, I finished the dish.

"How do you feel?" Imogen asks me as I help her clean the kitchen up. We left it a mess this morning.

I sigh, "I've been okay, some days it's harder to swallow every piece of food, and other days I don't even notice. Baby steps," I shrug to her.

"You know, I'm really fucking proud of you Gen. I know it's been hard and I've seen how hard it has been but I'm so proud," She smiles at me and my gaze softens.

"Thanks," I give her a smile. We spend the rest of our time in front of the tv, watching or finishing up some homework. Imogen goes to bed way before me because she had clinical today, we have different days at the hospital. Since we are in our last year, we spend more time at the hospital which is totally fine by me.

This semester Imogen is doing her rounds in the ER, while I'm at pediatrics, the same unit mom worked at and the only unit I have a huge interest in. It also helps that I've worked at daycares since I was sixteen.