Prologue

As the moon took its rightful place in the nightsky, illuminating the Capital, Serenis. The peaceful rest of the family that slept under the palace roof was lost and replaced with their screams as the intruders slaughtered them all.

Blood stained the glistening white columns and splattered on the golden tiles as the raiders reveled in the screams of the servants and guards that offered themselves up to buy time for the family to try and escape.

The shouting and screams of the soldiers reverberated from the blood-stained walls as they fought to the death to protect their monarchs. Tonight was a special night and they could not afford the intruders to progress any further into the palace.

The family tapestry was splattered with droplets of blood and ripped in half, the king now split from and the prince that sat in her lap. There were dead bodies on the staircase and the sound of iron on iron echoed as they swords clashed in fierce battle.

The throne room was being overrun and blasts of magic sent some people flying away, while others were burnt, frozen or shocked on the spot. They had already started the fires around the property and soon the palace would be overrun with flames.

The illusion spell and barrier placed over the palace prevented anyone from teleporting or contacting the outside for help all while simultaneously tricking the public into thinking it was just a regular night. This was a planned assault.

Morgana walked through the palace doors as if she owned them. She knew exactly just what her mission was and set out to complete it.

She watched as her comrade pushed a sword through the king's chest, a small smile forming on her lips as the man with the golden hair fell to his knees before her, his crown rolling towards her and she stopped it with her foot.

"A king? On his knees before little ol' me?" She smirked and went to walk past him, picking up the crown. The king gripped her boots, determined to not let her continue in that direction, determined to protect his family from what faith had deemed imperative.

Her face twisted in disgust as she kicked the man off her leg, and spat at him to show just how little respect she had for him. She wouldn't grant him a quick death, she would have him bleed out and listen to the screams of his family that was to come.

As she walked twirling the crown around her finger with one hand, sword in the other, she eliminated any threat that tried to get in the way of the mission. Bodies of servants, guards and relatives to the crown fell before her sword and soon would her targets. She couldn't afford to waste the opportunity her master had given her.

She made her way to the nursery and a blood-curdling scream tore from the other side of the door which made her lips tilt upwards. Their informant was correct, perhaps they wouldn't kill them afterall.

Morgana tightened the grip on her blade and went inside. Soon after an indignant roar of pain tore through the room but stopped shortly afterwards as if it had never happened. It was as if the entire castle had stilled, all sound was mute after that final scream.

The sun rose as the flames died. They had consumed everything in their path, leaving behind only a memory of what was and a glimpse of what was to come.

The barrier fell and revealed dying flames, a blackened palace that was nearly burnt to the foundation vacant of any bodies or survivors and the loss of the monarchy.

Families couldn't completely grieve and let go of their loved ones, when there was still a chance that they lived.

Hope kept them chained to their grief, and paradoxically, only hope could free them from it.

Hello there! Welcome, or is it welcome back to Magia? Either way I really appreciate you checking my book out. This book is the second book in the series and is NOT a stand-alone book. I'd advise you to read the first book or else you'll end up quite confused.

Your comments and votes are much appreciated.

Hey again. I'm finally going to start updating this book again, I lost some of my data that was basically the outline for this book so as to make this a smooth and understandable reading experience I'll be republishing the book.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

Luv, Sean.